New Mamager | Vital Football

New Mamager

You dont go out and bring in players and members of coaching staff if you genuinely think you are going to make a sale.

Admin getting ready to be here for the forseeable future, keep selling players to have money for months to come on wages and running costs rather than reduce the cost and get out.

Promoted from League One with Preston, Leeds and Huddersfield.

(More recently) failed in League One with Sunderland, Bradford and Blackpool.

Certainly won’t be complaining because we need all the help we can get, but strange timing honestly. Seems Richardson understandably didn’t want to take on the manager’s role, and clearly prefers being the number 2 which may be his preferred area of expertise.

Grayson had a mixed career.

He started really well with good spells at Blackpool, Huddersfield, Leeds and Preston getting 4 promotions to the Championship from L1 but since 2017 he's had a bad run with Sunderland, Bradford and a second spell at Blackpool that didn't work out.

You can see why he wants the job as his reputation has taken a bad hit from his last few clubs and he knows he will struggle to get a chance at a club like ours unless we were in this mess. I think Sunderland was too big for him, Bradford was having a meltdown off the pitch and he was underwhelming at Blackpool. He's clearly got some managerial nous based on the promotions he's had but he's not been able to show it in a while. Hopefully at least in the short term he'll rediscover his mojo - we could do with something to cheer about!

I hope we give Danny Fox a contract before the Ipswich game so the poor young lads don't get murdered again. If he was in with one of them to lead the line they may cope a bit better.

I think he's admins choice to be our manager since they appear to be planing to be here a while. They may not call him that but i suspect that will be his role.

If that's the case, then what on earth will they be telling the EFL in their meeting re the imminent likelihood of a prospective owner?

If that's the case, then what on earth will they be telling the EFL in their meeting re the imminent likelihood of a prospective owner?

Probably that he is being appointed interim manager on a day to day contract to allow Leam Richardson to concentrate on his coaching role.

Probably that he is being appointed interim manager on a day to day contract to allow Leam Richardson to concentrate on his coaching role.

My point TB was that if they do indeed have a buyer in the offing, then what on earth are they doing appointing someone in any kind of managerial/coaching role. ............... unless, of course, as you say, it's on a contract which could be ended immediately upon transition to a new buyer (if they so require).

My point TB was that if they do indeed have a buyer in the offing, then what on earth are they doing appointing someone in any kind of managerial/coaching role. ............... unless, of course, as you say, it's on a contract which could be ended immediately upon transition to a new buyer (if they so require).

I think that a day to day or week to week contract will be what is being discussed.