New kit thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

New kit thread

Not new 'kit' exactly, but new sponsorship deal announced for next season.

Aston Villa and Kaizen Gaming, the leading global GameTech operator, are delighted to announce a new long-term partnership that will see Betano, Kaizen Gaming’s premium brand, become the Club’s new principal and front-of-shirt partner.

Hot on the heels of Betano’s UK market debut in partnership with BVGroup, the two-year agreement will see the Betano logo feature on the front of Aston Villa’s men's team’s jerseys starting from the 2024-25 season. This new partnership comes just a few weeks after Betano’s sponsorship announcements of the UEFA EURO 2024 and CONMEBOL Copa America 2024.

Not new 'kit' exactly, but new sponsorship deal announced for next season.

Aston Villa and Kaizen Gaming, the leading global GameTech operator, are delighted to announce a new long-term partnership that will see Betano, Kaizen Gaming’s premium brand, become the Club’s new principal and front-of-shirt partner.

Hot on the heels of Betano’s UK market debut in partnership with BVGroup, the two-year agreement will see the Betano logo feature on the front of Aston Villa’s men's team’s jerseys starting from the 2024-25 season. This new partnership comes just a few weeks after Betano’s sponsorship announcements of the UEFA EURO 2024 and CONMEBOL Copa America 2024.

I'm confused I thought we announced our biggest ever sponsorship deal for next season a few weeks back ?

I seem to remember:-

Some were disappointed it was another gambling company

The deal was huge - more in line with a cl club deal ???

Or was this a rumour that was never official?

Edit: ignore it's the same deal that was rumoured a few weeks back.

Last edited:
I'm confused I thought we announced our biggest ever sponsorship deal for next season a few weeks back ?

I seem to remember:-

Some were disappointed it was another gambling company

The deal was huge - more in line with a cl club deal ???

Or was this a rumour that was never official?
The rumour you are referring to is this deal, it’s only officially announced today (like you I thought it was already confirmed and public knowledge weeks ago)

The rumour you are referring to is this deal, it’s only officially announced today (like you I thought it was already confirmed and public knowledge weeks ago)

Yeah - it's the fact that it's now described as a gaming tech company - rather than on line gambling that threw me.....

Seems like away around the forthcoming betting ban for shirt sponsors...

Yeah - it's the fact that it's now described as a gaming tech company - rather than on line gambling that threw me.....

Seems like away around the forthcoming betting ban for shirt sponsors...
Yep mate in corporate lingo “gaming” means gambling in order to sound less dodgy than it is. But it’s 100% a gambling company though and it won’t escape the sponsorship ban when it comes into force in a few years time

Yep mate in corporate lingo “gaming” means gambling in order to sound less dodgy than it is. But it’s 100% a gambling company though and it won’t escape the sponsorship ban when it comes into force in a few years time
Yes the deal lasts until the ban comes into force.

I don’t mind a little bet every now and again, but I thought a club like ours would’ve moved on from what are obscure gambling companies sponsoring us. I’d like to have seen us take the moral high ground in advance of the ban, but looks like we’re stringing our every penny we can until that revenue stream is gone.

I don’t understand how an obscure company like this can afford to spend £20m per year on us. It’s either dodgy money as above, or someone is taking a huge punt to make them big through a big sponsorship deal.

Perhaps this company will end up on the scrap heap after a couple of years of sponsoring us, as seems to happen to a number of our past shirt sponsors.

The ban on betting companies kicks in after this 2 year period. Hopefully by then we'll have the profile to attract a proper big name to sponsor us.

The ban on betting companies kicks in after this 2 year period. Hopefully by then we'll have the profile to attract a proper big name to sponsor us.
Whoever it is hopefully will match what the betting companies are prepared to pay.

I remember Purslow telling the FAB that the BK8 deal was double what any non betting companies were offering.

It's Business and I guess that's why they brought Heck in for, this and closing down the redevelopment of the ground!!