New GFC competition - "Guess the gate" | Page 2 | Vital Football

New GFC competition - "Guess the gate"

I don't see why non attending STH's are counted. Any time I go through the turnstile I have to tear out a ticket, which I would have thought would be counted along with the cash paying attendees.
PDPS would be gaining no advantage whatsoever by including non-attendees. In fact I assume he would have to pay additional VAT for those folk who didn't turn up.

Apparently the ticker in the police box said 2,200 inside the ground. I can’t imagine many non season ticket holders would have attended last night.

These were the sort of attendances we were getting in the early 90s under Flanagan - nice to see how we have progressed.

The lower the crowd the better we seem to play (looked like 2,500 to me) ; my get 4K for Barnsley, but lets see what we get for the March midweek game v Bristol Rovers , - surely the stewards and (non-moving) ball boys count

why do we care what it was? does it matter?

Because the size of the gate will affect playing budget. Can somebody remind me of the FFP rules regarding spending? And how close are we to the limit?

That said, I do get tired of this conspiracy theory on attendances.

I'm on hols so gave my ticket to someone who attended in my place (don't tell PDPS!). Pretty sure they count the stubs/turnstile clicks and don't just presume every season ticket holder turns up regardless.
Frustrating that we can't immediatly announce the gate like every other club but to moan about the actual attendance seems a bit pointless to me. All the stats are available for every season. Highs, lows and averages. We win a few the attendances rise, we lose a few and they drop. It's the same for every club. Declining attendances are not unique to us.
On a freezing wet Tuesday when the opposition is Accrington and some fans still haven't had a payday since christmas and we are not tearing up the league, I don't think the attendance was that bad at all.

Is worrying more about the attendance than the match for some just part of the scally bashing, just asking like?

Apparently the ticker in the police box said 2,200 inside the ground. I can’t imagine many non season ticket holders would have attended last night.

I find that figure closer to my guess than the 3,400 announced although I didn't think it was that low.

I honestly don't know how its counted to be honest. I had presumed the turnstile "clicks" were counted but that would exclude the boxes and the wine/dine hospitality as I don't think you go through a turnstile for that.

In terms of paying the VAT that would be on sales rather than attendance so the "attendance" is for interest purpose only right ? It actually serves no purpose in terms of VAT payments.

I think the real reason for the low attendance was the "snowmaggedon" scare stories from the media about the weather and the fear that two snowflakes results in gridlock. Yep we are a bit shit at home as well but I suspect most people who bought a ticket but didn't attend were put off by the weather more than anything.

I actually enjoyed the game - thought both sides gave it a go and it was entertaining enough for a nil nil.

Is worrying more about the attendance than the match for some just part of the scally bashing, just asking like?

I think people are genuinely interested as it indicates the health of the club in terms of the publics interest in watching GFC. Although I think last night was more weather related than anything else the owner should ask himself why the paying public does not want to come and watch GFC and what (if anything can he do). He is selling a product and at the moment demand for it is falling.

It will also dictate to some extent next years budget. That's not an exciting prospect at the moment.

I think people are genuinely interested as it indicates the health of the club in terms of the publics interest in watching GFC. Although I think last night was more weather related than anything else the owner should ask himself why the paying public does not want to come and watch GFC and what (if anything can he do). He is selling a product and at the moment demand for it is falling.

It will also dictate to some extent next years budget. That's not an exciting prospect at the moment.

Nah, I think in general (not particularly grsgimmer) people do ask as a means to Scally-bash or ridicule the attendance and club.

It never seems to matter when an attendance has been high or normal, only when low. And there always seems to be a hidden implication that the club is doing something wrong or giving/not giving figures for a particular underhand reason (but I’ve no idea what the current conspiracy theory is).

Not rocket science that the gate for accy was very low. League position, home form, the weather and opposition dictated that. And crowds have been in the decline over the season due to poor home form and losing. It’s not unusual. Happens every single year we are poor and reverse when we are going well (long time back to remember tho).

As someone pointed out above, crowds were lower in early 90’s when we were really poor. But also under Keith Peacock when we were generally excellent, entertaining and challenging for promotion. Those sides played in front of 3-4k. Bit more for big games but as soon as things dwindled towards the seasons end and a game had nothing on it , crowds often went sub-3k.

The good folk of Medway and Kent just have always been pretty apathetic towards GFC.

So, I blame you lot that are still living there ?

Wow. Just seen attendance at Spurs. 3rd in EPL, usually get, what? 50k? Today 29k v Watford.

What’s that all about? Just the weather?

How many more “?” can I use in the one post??