New Forward rumours! Anyone | Vital Football

New Forward rumours! Anyone

domski2017

Vital Squad Member
The highs of last week and the lows of a boring week in January 2018.
Anyone have anything meaningful to share!

The only two so far with validity are Theo and Miller! Any updates.
Anyone meet an agent in the chippy or seen a player in the stands.
Whilst walking your dog did you meet your auntie who once went out with a player from Portsmouth who knows an agent who knows players who are interested.
Who is the connected to the board who knows the finer workings within the club?
Anything from Social media?

Come on vitals I don't want to wait until the last week of the window! :wall: :wall: :wtf: :grin:

Well i still think Akinola is in the mix i know others dont! :thumb:

Name throwing, but Macauley Bonne? We liked him last season and now he has finally got himself a run of games and is scoring goals. Known to the Cowleys too.

I saw his name written somewhere in passing!

Dwight Yorke and Michael Bridges spotted at the Bentley (one for this who have frequented Imps fora for several years).

Ricky Millers agent has been spotted in the Greggs in the Bail buying two sausage and bean melts and a steak bake. All for him? I think not.

MaineRoad_96 - 15/1/2018 22:46

Ricky Millers agent has been spotted in the Greggs in the Bail buying two sausage and bean melts and a steak bake. All for him? I think not.

I was totally convinced there, until I remembered Miller is a veggie!

the names i have read so far:
miller
robinson
akinola
kyle taylor
nick maynard
and now bonne

unrealistic:
doidge

but then as in the case of wilson, the new fella will possibly appear out of nowhere.

Would be massively underwhelmed by Maynard. 31 now and scored 0 goals in 16 appearances for Aberdeen in the Scottish Prem.

nlondonimp - 15/1/2018 23:06

miller
robinson
akinola
kyle taylor
nick maynard
and now bonne

unrealistic:
doidge

but then as in the case of wilson, the new fella will possibly appear out of nowhere.

Kyle Taylor? Do you mean Lyle Taylor of Wimbledon?

miller
robinson
akinola
kyle taylor
nick maynard
and now bonne

unrealistic:
doidge

Realistically your probably right about Doidge, much as I would love him. On the upside, he can see we are gearing up for L1, we have recruited above our level with the likes of Bossie, Freck, etc, we have an enormous fan-base, he'd come to a club with a coaching team that would really appreciate him and may be able to add to his game (though he's pretty good anyway). On the downside, he hails from south Wales so maybe would prefer to stay in that area-ish/W Midlands, etc. The price could be a sticking point, particularly if the talk of £1m is right or if FGR decide to play games to deflect interest (when does his contract end?. Oh well, I can dream). Could also be that Cooper goes and Doidge wants to see who the new coach would be.
More realistically, certainly agree that the players DC has brought in have been off the radar to an extent and he does like to surprise us, so who knows.

Don’t get hung up on the price for Doidge. There may be a release clause. Don’t forget we thought Raggett should have gone for a million but the release clause was 350k so that’s all we got.

Don’t get hung up on the price for Doidge. There may be a release clause. Don’t forget we thought Raggett should have gone for a million but the release clause was 350k so that’s all we got.

I flagged up Simon Church yesterday on another thread. 28 year old, 38 caps for Wales. He was released by Scunthorpe Utd yesterday. They had 9 strikers on their books and following a hip injury he has found it hard to get in the first team. He has a pedigree that is Championship at least. The sort of quality and experience we should be looking at. Might be worth giving him a contract until the end of the season, to see if we can get him back to match fitness. - with a clause for an extension if we get promoted.

Croozey - 16/1/2018 08:47

I flagged up Simon Church yesterday on another thread. 28 year old, 38 caps for Wales. He was released by Scunthorpe Utd yesterday. They had 9 strikers on their books and following a hip injury he has found it hard to get in the first team. He has a pedigree that is Championship at least. The sort of quality and experience we should be looking at. Might be worth giving him a contract until the end of the season, to see if we can get him back to match fitness. - with a clause for an extension if we get promoted.

This sounds like a good shout as no doubt he may be living locally. Having been released and contract just been paid up sounds like a perfect Danny strike as he may accept lower wages to get in a team (ie like Eardley)

Casperimp - 16/1/2018 09:01

Croozey - 16/1/2018 08:47

This sounds like a good shout as no doubt he may be living locally. Having been released and contract just been paid up sounds like a perfect Danny strike as he may accept lower wages to get in a team (ie like Eardley)

Church has played at a good level and has the kind of experience that would come in very handy...

My only concern would be, do we have time in January to wait for our new signings to get fit. Who ever we sign surely they have to be ready to go?

Church may have played at a higher level but barely averages 1 goal every 6 games. I think we could do better than him. Lyle Taylor looks much more our type of man, decent scoring record at a good level, out of contract in the summer and ex Concord Rangers....

Will leave it in DC's capable hands to get us sorted with the right man though

Impartiality - 16/1/2018 01:04

miller
robinson
akinola
kyle taylor
nick maynard
and now bonne

unrealistic:
doidge

Kyle Taylor? Do you mean Lyle Taylor of Wimbledon?

https://staceywest.net/2018/01/16/dare-we-dream-that-danny-is-chasing-a-league-one-striker/

Maybe the Lyle Taylor name is a rumour with some meat on the bones. Now he sounds like a decent striker that would be a great addition.