New Ford Capri | Vital Football

New Ford Capri

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Be interesting if this comes to the UK... looks nice

http://releaseford.com/2016-ford-capri-release-date/

It looks like the live child of the new Mustang and a Focus. I quite like it.

Wasn't ever going to look like the old Capri, no car these days looks like the model 30 or more years ago.

Think it's quite a nice motor that.

I quite like the look of it. I bought my first Capri, Jan 1971. Remember having a Motorola radio fitted and Corsair wing mirrors, (These things did'nt come as standard in them days). 23 years of age and driving a brand new Capri. I thought I really was the dogs. The wife soon brought me back down to earth.

Used to love the Capri's and the Stag's had a 3 litre Capri which really was like shit off a shovel only trouble was with the Capri's the back end was far too light which was a real problem holding the road round bends so you had to put a bag of cement in the boot to alleviate this a little they were also virtually impossible to drive in icy conditions but a stunningly beautiful car back in the day.This new one does look nice but has absolutely no resemblance to the iconic ones of the 70's so not sure it should be marketed as a Capri at least with the Mini Coopers they still held it's identity with the iconic models.

Am a bit surprised they are reprising the capri name, seems a bit dated now

Yeah the Car looks nice enough to warrant it's own identity wonder what the Capri club think of it lol.

So true Gator.
I had a 2 litre and tried to go round the island at Hockley where the old bus depot was.Oil all over the road from the buses.I swerved one way then the other,then the other,then BANG ! Straight into the old Kwik fit tyre place`s brick wall.Luckily the bonnet was 15 foot long,so the wall didn`t fall on my head.V reg i think it was.Be about 1984 ish when i did that i think

Quite a dangerous car club they really were but an excellent fanny magnet haha.

A guy I worked with 20-odd years ago had a capri - quality motor - and he also ran a mobile disco. Random, the car just seemed so apt