New Football For 2020/21 Season | Vital Football

New Football For 2020/21 Season

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
"Unrivalled power, pin-point accuracy and instant control – the new Mitre Delta Max EFL football is set to be revealed tonight ahead of the Sky Bet Championship Play-Off Final at Wembley Stadium. The EFL’s match ball of choice for more than 40 years, it’s got a bright new look for the 2020/21 season.

The bold design with its hypnotic and eye-catching pink and blue patterns is sure to standout and grab the attention of players and fans. With innovative Hyperseam™ technology, the Mitre Delta Max EFL ball delivers optimum control, speed, and stability. As well as being an unbelievably accurate flight."

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2020/august/200804-mitre-ball/

With all that hype, at least we'll know when passes go astray and shots threaten the corner flag, it's not the ball's fault!

Apart possibly from the 'hypnotic patterns' which may confuse a few goalkeepers.

"Unrivalled power, pin-point accuracy and instant control"

I'm not sure it could deal with one of Nat Brown's diagonals!

I think that was one of the claims made by the notorious Jabulani ball they produced for the world cup
That's the one! My 'Year or two ago' may then have been the WC in South Africa? When the ball infamously changed it's shape in not 'wholly' crossing the line for England v Germany........

I might not be a grammar pedant (I wince but keep schtum) but I am a shape pedant. The ball is a sphere. It is not round. :lol:

What I find amazing about the Footballs now is how light they are and how soft they are compared to the ones we used in the late 1980's. I mean they still come a bit smart when they hit you but nothing like they used!

Get smacked in the face or on the legs by one of those beauties and didn't half sting especially when it was freezing your nuts off!

They were solid not all padded like they seem to be now. I guess it was worse in the 40's and 50's with the old leather footballs. Bunch of softies now :lol:

I might not be a grammar pedant (I wince but keep schtum) but I am a shape pedant. The ball is a sphere. It is not round. :lol:

Or to be accurate, a three dimensional sphere (excluding therefore four dimensional ones etc).
Not being at all mathematically pedantic, oh no.

I suspect that the review into the affects of heading a football have caused this change, not that balls used in the past few seasons are anything like the lumps of rock they used to be.

.............well unless it's just a marketing ploy of course