New deal for Scarlett.. | Vital Football

New deal for Scarlett..

Spursex

Alert Team
New contract for Scarlett
@SpursOfficial
Wed 25 May 2022, 09:00|Tottenham Hotspur

We are delighted to announce that Dane Scarlett has signed a new contract with the Club that will run until 2026.
The 18-year-old forward has made seven first team appearances for us this season, most recently as a second-half substitute in our 4-0 win over Leeds United in February.
Dane has also helped England Under-19s to qualify for this summer’s European Championship, held in Slovakia, with six goals in five appearances, including a brace in a 2-0 win over Portugal during the March international break.

newcontract_danescarlett_1a.jpg

Dane Scarlett puts pen to paper on his new contract

Great news.

Be interesting to see whether it is his turn for a loan or whether he continues as an extended member of the squad.

Would he have been given assurances of time on the pitch or intention to loan out to encourage him to sign ?
Footage of him on the subs bench against Norwich showed him in ebullient mood. Looking excited and alert.

I doubt he'd have been given any form of commitments; it would have been more like assurances he'll be in and around the first team training etc and minutes from the bench in cup games etc so a step by step assurance - assuming of course the decision to loan him out has been reversed.

Last edited:
He seems really committed and happy at the club unlike some previous promising youngsters at the club - fair play to some of them for wanting to play more.

He clearly knows the club rate him highly and the fans know all about him, learning from the best in the business is probably a big reason he's happy here as well.

I hope he gets a loan though and we get someone else in to cover.

He seems really committed and happy at the club unlike some previous promising youngsters at the club - fair play to some of them for wanting to play more.

He clearly knows the club rate him highly and the fans know all about him, learning from the best in the business is probably a big reason he's happy here as well.

I hope he gets a loan though and we get someone else in to cover.
Do you think Parrot will be ready?

I'd say no, can see him getting a permanent move to maybe a Championship team.

In the second half of the season, he finally got his head down and took it seriously and came on leaps and bounds, whilst I know why you're saying what you are, I suspect we'll give him one more loan and then decide his future - he could still make it with us if he kept up his progress.

Just a typical footballer then. Most would be on the doll if it wasn't for their footballing talents.

All you have to do is listen to Talksport and listen to O'Hara, Carlton Cole, Gabby. Some real shit bombs right there.

They are truely moronic; worst informed, dumbest opinionated pundits/hosts I have ever had the misfortune to listen to - I tried for a while, but gave up, their collective insight and intellect is just above my dog, and she at least knows how to answer a simple question?!

He's 18. A worldly, media confident, poised and articulate 18 year old is the exception not the rule.

I guess you don't need to be super intelligent but there must be a level required in football where a player can perform at top level. Grasp coaching methods etc.

I guess you don't need to be super intelligent but there must be a level required in football where a player can perform at top level. Grasp coaching methods etc.

Most elite athletes I have met have a brain. There are exceptions as in everything. Sometimes humility and shyness masks that intelligence. There is a big difference between worldly and intelligence.