New 4 year deal for Ruddy . | Vital Football

New 4 year deal for Ruddy .

yellow belly

Vital Football Legend
At last some good news ! Ruddy has signed a new 4 year deal at the club and says he is happy to commit his long term future to us !

Great news and well done Ruddy :clap: :clap: :clap:

Do these deals mean much though given Grant Holt signed one in Summer 2012 and then went this Summer? What do they actually mean on paper? Sorry if I am sounding thick.

Sounds like a shrewd move. If he does go, his price will be higher.

Good business all round

If John wants to stay, then he's signed up long term

If he wants to leave for a bigger challenge, then we've made sure we'll be getting top dollar for him.

Smart stuff all round

so do I but FF is a very good keeper if he came as a replacement.
Doubt if Hooper would advise hom to though !!!

I would be happy with FF as a replacement if we did sell. I thought he would have been signed by a prem team before now to be honest. He was class in that league 1 season.

FF is not a better keeper than Ruddy..dont quite understand how he could be thought to be so.
Unless of course its forgotten about FF`s kicking that was often very wayward compared to Ruddy`s...also IMO Ruddy`s reactions are quicker!
Dont get me wrong FF is a fine keeper..but Ruddy is the better of the two.........In my Opinion.

FFL with all due respect Ruddys kicking is terrible and neither FF or JR can kick a ball like Declan Rudd.

Ruddys reactions quicker now that made me laugh,did you not see FF against Barca recently????he would have prob saved the second goal from Chelsea a couple of weeks ago which was a howler.