Neville | Vital Football

Neville

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Gary Neville to invest in Salford City FC?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26073246

Neville doesn't strike me as a jealous type or being overly bothered what people think, tbf!

Investing in a youth set up it looks like. Seems like a good guy who just wants to improve football in this country, need more ex pros to do more.

I agree Neville is a good guy. Quite a few Manc lads from that class of 92 put some of their time into local activities. Scholes was helping out at Stalybridge I believe.

Gary Neville is a top bloke. Did anyone hear him as a guest on Test Match Special one day last summer? Intelligent, thoughtful, down to earth bloke.

Even I have to admit GN talks a lot of sense, and has won me round over the past couple of seasons :clappy:

simes69 - 7/2/2014 09:13

Gary Neville is a top bloke. Did anyone hear him as a guest on Test Match Special one day last summer? Intelligent, thoughtful, down to earth bloke.
couldn't agree more. Top bloke!

Top bloke very down to earth & not up his own arse ,isn't afraid to ruffle a few feathers and speaks his own mind ,also apperently does a bit for local charities ,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/22949693

Seems Salford is the place to be . Salford City Reds , the RL teams now have a millionaire owner , Marwan Koukash. Also this person now wants a football club . Perhaps Neville will have some competition .

Type of bloke you would want by your side when everything is going pear shaped ,unlike a certain rat on here whos deserted the sinking ship

I like him too, but he wouldn't last 5 minutes as a lower league manager. He is very critical of players and seemingly never made a mistake in his playing career!

simes69 - 7/2/2014 09:13

Yes great interview that was. He was a good club cricketer when he was a teenager but the apprentices weren't allowed to play other sports than football so he kept it quiet. Matthew Hayden was his clubs overseas pro and Gary,then16/17 ,batted with him and put on about 200 to win a big cup game. The story made the local papers headline news and as a result the Utd youth management found out and that was the end of his cricket.Incidently Phil Neville still holds the record for being the youngest player to score a century for Lancashire 2nds when he was just 15 years old and there sister played netball for England. Some talented family.

I think we need to get the likes of Neville, Carragher, Lampard, Gerrard to keep pushing the issue and trying to make a difference on grass roots and youth football.

At the minute, we seem to have 50/60 year olds making decision on a subject I'd argue they're not as clued up on, or close to, as these guys.

I know they've got that panel set-up but recently retired players are probably going to offer more.

montroseimp - 7/2/2014 13:04

Type of bloke you would want by your side when everything is going pear shaped ,unlike a certain rat on here whos deserted the sinking ship

Ouch :eek: .... very cutting, very cutting indeed lol :eek: