Net Neutrality | Vital Football

Net Neutrality

Stephen Jay Hawkings

Vital Football Legend
So the FCC have successfully repealed Net Neutrality, which is not good, not good at all. As if things aren't bad enough, now this shit.

If anyone doesn't know what the fuck I'm talking about, this explains it quite well, but it's a lot more severe than is let on here in my opinion.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/42341736/what-is-net-neutrality-and-how-could-it-affect-you

John Oliver addressed this a few months back and explained how the Trump dicktard now in charge clearly didn't understand what net neutrality was and why the reasons claimed for the change clearly didn't apply in reality.

Another step towards draining the swamp which we all know means Trump probably received campaign funds from 'someone' who will now benefit from this.

Dicktard in charge of the FCC also has history with the FCC as well from memory - I could be wrong there - but it sits in my head as akin to appointing somebody to to the Environment Agency who had sued the Environment Agency for trying to make him operate in a more planet friendly way.

Trump - very moreish isn't he.

Yes that dicktard FCC guy has the most punchable face I've ever seen too.

Hard not to notice the Oompa Loompa in the Oval Office hasn't tweeted anything about it either. But as you say, he clearly doesn't understand what any of it means. God bless his little orange heart.

Luckily the EU guarantees net neutrality over here. All that will happen, if it hasn't already, is that sites will move offshore from the US, where they aren't affected.

Like I posted elsewhere, if Obama cured cancer, Trump would ban it. The man is obsessed.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 15/12/2017 09:37

Luckily the EU guarantees net neutrality over here. All that will happen, if it hasn't already, is that sites will move offshore from the US, where they aren't affected.

Yes, but what about when we leave the EU (if we ever do, of course)?

We always seem so keen to cosy up to the Americans at any opportunity, the future does worry me in that context. I'd wager that we will do whatever the US wants to get in their good books, and as long as Trump is running the show, that could be very bad news.

For instance, TTIP is dead in the water as things stand, as the EU has (quite rightly) no appetite for such nonsense. But a stand-alone UK? The NHS will be privatised in the blink of an eye and countless other things will go south as well, including the idea of net neutrality, imho.

I think you are probably right, JPA.

The only consolation is that Trump won't be President by the end of 2018 and hopefully the next one will repeal all of his nonsense (and have all of the spray tan wiped off the furniture).

What? Are we leaving the EU? Nobody told me!!!!!!!

:19: :19: :19:

No really, the probability is that we either don't leave, or we leave, but retain the oversight of the EU we currently have. It saves an awful lot of work for our overstretched politicians, if you're being kind. Saves them from seeming incompetent if you're not.