Nearly Live! v Swansea | Vital Football

Nearly Live! v Swansea

Steve from Oz

Vital Football Legend
So to the 50th meeting with the Swans, honours evenly shared 20 wins each and 10 draws, and the swans fresh from a European trip just 2 and a bit days ago

So on changes in either the starting lineup or the bench for this match.

That means the wolf is still not ready.

I dont know if you all realise this, but the wolf being available and not injured is the ONLY player City have got who is fit and not selected for this match squad. All the others are injured or loaned with the exception of the young player Young.
I had no idea it was so dire.

BBC - Norwich v Swansea (1330)

How about this for a fact? Here it comes: This afternoon's other early match involves, geographically, the widest east-west fixture to feature in the English top-flight.

There should be goals at Carrow Road, too, as there have been 20 goals in just four Premier League meetings between Norwich and Swansea. Other stats are available on that match, but let's not get carried away.

Norwich v Swansea (1330)

Norwich manager Chris Hughton names the same side that won 2-0 at West Brom last time out.

Michael Laudrup makes three changes to the Swansea team that drew 1-1 with Hull in their last Premier League match, with Michel Vorm, Angel Rangel and Jordi Amat coming back into the side. Michu starts in attack and Wilfried Bony, who started the 1-0 defeat at St Gallen, returns to the bench. There are only three survivors from the team that played on Thursday.

Norwich XI: Ruddy, Whittaker, Bassong, Turner, Olsson, Howson, Johnson, Fer, Redmond, Elmander, Hooper.

Swansea XI: Vorm, Rangel, Amat, Williams, Ben Davies, Dyer, Shelvey, de Guzman, Canas, Hernandez, Michu.

BBC
John Roder, Match of the Day commentator at Carrow RoadNorwich v Swansea (1330)

"The last six meetings between Norwich and Swansea have produced 25 goals, so will it be another high-scoring encounter this Sunday?

"Three wins in their last five matches mean that Norwich come into this fixture just two points behind Swansea in the Premier League table.

"The Swans, having qualified for the knockout stages of the Europa League, will be looking to record their fourth away victory of the campaign. However, the Welsh side have averaged less than a goal a game on their travels."

BBC
Norwich v Swansea (1330)

Swansea manager Michael Laudrup on Match of the Day 2 Extra: "I have to look at Michu and Wilfried Bony. We can't play them both right now because they're not able to play 90 minutes so I have to play one or the other.

"We've had a lot of travelling this week but it's a part of it and it's no excuse for the game today. If you look at the squad today we've made quite a few changes so they should be ready to play a Norwich side that has a lot of confidence after the wins against Crystal Palace and West Brom. It's a tough test for us."

I would say that they're not going to risk him - he's the ONLY spare player we have outside this squad that's fit other than the young 'uns