Nations League Internationals. | Vital Football

Nations League Internationals.

muttley

Alert Team
Thought I'd throw up a thread for the internationals now they have started. We have about 2 weeks worth of these games.

More of the normal bigoted hungarian racism; in a crowd mostly made up of children. A sign of the times and the future. How can Uefa's rules be dismissed so easily; that a game meant to be played without a crowd can end up in this situation. When asked for a statement on the matter, Uefa said they would not be making a comment.

As an outsider
It was a rusty performance from England tonite.
I thought the pen was soft, was the guy on goal, no, was there a clear goal scoring opportunity, no, he ran into a defender who was defending and made a meal of it, for Hungry well done, but it was poor refereeing.
England were under performing on the nite, they are a better team than this result.

Sky gave the following player ratings for England. Thought some were generous:

England: Pickford (6), Alexander-Arnold (5), Walker (6), Maguire (6), Coady (6), Justin (5), Rice (6), Bellingham (6), Mount (5), Bowen (7), Kane (5).

Subs: Saka (6), Stones (6), James (5), Grealish (6), Phillips (6).

Blaming the heat?. I'd say it was lethargy and fatigue from a long season. Seeing City and Pool had the longest season, not sure why Alexander-Arnold and Walker had to start. The donkey in the back 3 who's had a disastrous season for United stayed on for 90 mins?. Seeing Sterling was used sparingly by Pep, imo, he should've started.

Ward-Prowse would've put better crosses and corner then A-A.

Bowen was trying too hard, but loved his energy - even put a defensive sprint in the closing minutes. Just unlucky that fortune didn't favour him.

Mount and Grealish offered little.

Good ol Germany next!

Southgate is an absolute mess.

72 games in charge and there has never been a time where England have looked settled under him. He throws out England caps as if they are worthless. He also encourages mediocre attitudes from his players and is so subservient to their egos.

There is now this entitlement about the England players because they've been to a WC semi-final and a Euro's final. They think they are God's gift and will just stroll to victory. They don't want to fight for the 3 Lions shirt.

I'd love to see a credible manager get hold of this talented squad and fix what is broken.

72 games in charge and there has never been a time where England have looked settled under him. He throws out England caps as if they are worthless. He also encourages mediocre attitudes from his players and is so subservient to their egos.

There is now this entitlement about the England players because they've been to a WC semi-final and a Euro's final. They think they are God's gift and will just stroll to victory. They don't want to fight for the 3 Lions shirt.

I'd love to see a credible manager get hold of this talented squad and fix what is broken.
Trouble is that national managers, as well as having to be yes men to the FA in England's case, tend to be manager's at the tail end of their careers, or never quite made its. Quality up and coming managers probably wouldn't be interested in the England job. Gerrard, Lampard, Potter and Rodgers have all taken over PL teams since Southgate was appointed. Given the quality in the England squad currently they would all be hugely successful in the England job, but I'd bet that none of them would either be considered, or interested in it. Meanwhile, having reached the Euro final, Southgate has a season ticket for as long as he wants it.

Your not saying "tell the little darlings" off are you muttley? lol!

Regards Southgate throwing England caps as if they are worthless, but more like confetti lol! whatever you are correct.

I do agree there is no "real playing for the shirt/badge" "no pride what so ever" only as you put it entitlement, it really pisses me off, that's why I do not take any real interest anymore!

I actually sit there thinking why the eff am I watching this crap?

Your not saying "tell the little darlings" off are you muttley? lol!

Regards Southgate throwing England caps as if they are worthless, but more like confetti lol! whatever you are correct.

I do agree there is no "real playing for the shirt/badge" "no pride what so ever" only as you put it entitlement, it really pisses me off, that's why I do not take any real interest anymore!

I actually sit there thinking why the eff am I watching this crap?

It did annoy me when I read the headline "mediocrity and fatigue" and a photo of Kane on the BBC website this morning. I'm sure Tammy Abraham would have loved to have shown the nation that didn't need to be the case in the number 9 position. It's not fatigue, it's now habit. A very bad habit. We've been discussing it all season.