National League and the BBC | Vital Football

National League and the BBC

impsimps

Vital Football Hero
Not being able to get to many games I do like to listen to Radio Five live and Final Score on the beeb even though of course alternatives are available. Five live no longer give running updates on NL goal scorers, and I noticed yesterday that on Final Score only the vidi printer part of the screen showed the scores for the NL, their running fixture list for each league no longer features the NL. Someone, somewhere at the beeb has decided to degrade the NL from its results service. When it comes to their pals at Salford City it is a different matter, they are happy to give Ryan Giggs and co £67,500 next Friday, but maybe more worthy causes for a cash injection,amongst others such as Trinity, are ignored. Generally their treatment of the FA Cup however and the coverage has been good imo.

The Beeb's sporting coverage is baffling at times. Some major sports (racing, snooker, darts...) get constantly ignored, while some minority sports (ladies football and swimming for example) get far too much coverage for the amount of people who turn up to watch or who are interested in that sport. They are too concerned with being PC. Look at their sports bulletins - they will show goals / have reports from some minor Scots Prem game (with an attendance no bigger than some Conference games), but then completely ignore the Championship.

If they are dumbing down the National League coverage then that is a worry. Agree about your Salford City comments entirely.

And now they are screening ucking American "football"!
The sooner the license fee is abolished the better.

The Formula one coverage irritates me - although I am no fan of it I confess. But live coverage of practice??