National Anthem for England | Page 2 | Vital Football

National Anthem for England

I have learnt over the years Clive, that when I think something negative, to flip to the other side of my brain and find the positive in it. There is positive in everything if you look for it.

What seems good at the beginning can turn out to be bad. What seems bad can turn out to be good and bring out the good in people and situations. The universe gives and takes in many ways.

Example: The 1st person to win a million on the pools back in the 60's said she was going to spend spend spend. Sounds awesome eh! Her husband was killed in the flash car they bought, she spent it all and ended back working in the factory she had left when she spend all her money.

Seems good on the surface but...........

An opposite end of the scale: 2 months a go a friend died. He had committed suicide when drunk. He was a member of our beloved fellowship but just couldn't get the message. Myself and another girl went to the funeral in Leeds. We were the only 2 from our area. Now when we both joined the fellowship in 2003 we had a very strained relationship for many reasons.

Over the years it had thawed. That day was the 1st time we had spent any 1-1 time together. It gave us the chance to spend time together and get to know each other and helped move on and talk about past hurts and associations etc.

The universe gives and takes. It is a train of thought that takes time to practice to do however is very worthwhile as you see the world through a different set of eyes and can learn to wear life like a loose jacket.

The world changes by the bad as it moves people to do good, as the world can change by good too. What is good doesn't always turn out that way in the journey

Life has a lot of ironic things in it and battles agree, sorry about your friend KK sorry for his freinds and family we all get tested in our own ways and going through the bad makes you appreciate the good when it happans for sure, i have seen this first hand money has never been something i crave tbh as long as there is a roof over my kids heads some food and they are healthy and safe i could not ask for more and having a laff and joke with fellow Villans is good for me not going out as much thesedays.

ClivetheVillan - 13/11/2013 11:50

Life has a lot of ironic things in it and battles agree, sorry about your friend KK sorry for his freinds and family we all get tested in our own ways and going through the bad makes you appreciate the good when it happans for sure, i have seen this first hand money has never been something i crave tbh as long as there is a roof over my kids heads some food and they are healthy and safe i could not ask for more and having a laff and joke with fellow Villans is good for me not going out as much thesedays.

Oh I have done the money is all lark Clive: Not helped by the yuppie years of the 80's we were part of. I learnt money buys you damn all worthwhile.

I have no where near the monies coming in I did with the ex however the emotional damage that continued to be done whilst I was still in that marriage has taken alot of years to recover from on the journey of life.

It wouldn't be any different as I recreated what I knew from childhood.

Mine and the youngsters lives I can take the positives as we have all have life experience far more compassion and understanding of the world. It is not a life that was a choice, but where I have been as bought me here.

It sounds mad but we have far more financially today than we did back then, because my life and theirs is stable and I/we plan and work for the future. Money isn't spend and saved chaotically.

Everything is budgeted and saved for and so on.

Money buys nothing worthwhile, other than you can be utterly miserable and chaotic in comfort it buys you nothing worthwhile

Thats right KK best to plan ahead thesedays and put any little bit you can away for them bloody moments that pop up out the blue got sick of being unprepared so just bit by bit years ago whilst working just put a little away which i ain't got loads but just a reserve for the babs if they need something, but as you say and i also read BB saying the same thing money only buys a short time satisfaction the best things the people in you life ay there who are there for you and you them

Glad you are in a better place now mate coming through bad things as you did makes you stronger and i can tell that tbh ;)