Nash | Vital Football

Nash

Nash isn't cup tied as he hasn't played in the cup this year, FA rules say only the squad from the first match can play in the replay, Nash only signed for them after the first game.

Did you read nibbles post there Wayne.

He couldn't have played for Leatherhead in the replay as he wasn't with them when the original tie was played.

Nothing about being cup-tied at all, or us not wanting him cup tied..

Leatherhead lead 4-0 at half time in their game against Wingate and Finchley. Liam Nash with a first half hat trick.

OneSirKeefy - 17/11/2017 01:12

Did you read nibbles post there Wayne.

He couldn't have played for Leatherhead in the replay as he wasn't with them when the original tie was played.

Nothing about being cup-tied at all, or us not wanting him cup tied..

In the words of Shaggy, ?it wasn?t me?

We'll wait until the next round to see if we let him play for them if he's still there by then, but I doubt we'll let him.

Obviously the loan is working out well for Nash's goal scoring confidence but as soon as the month is up we should recall him and send him out to a higher level, maybe one of the local clubs in the national league.

Lets see if he can do it at that level before bringing him back.

He is clearly a natural scorer, now just needs to do it at a higher level

Good move for everyone this loan though

Surely if he bags a load of goals during his loan spell he jumps above Cundle and Mbo in the pecking order? Not that I think 15 minutes here and there will actually do him any good.

Get him back after his month and get him out to a conference National Team until the end of the season...Possibly up at Barrow with Ady or Bromley (Lovell was assistant there with Neil Smith last season).
If he does the business at Conference level then get him in the First team squad next season.
Glad he?s doing well in Ryman Premier and building some confidence but still playing way below League One level.

Why should he jump above Mbo and Cundle? Mbo has already scored goals at that level on loan at Kingstonian this season. Cundle got goals a division higher last season.

I hope Nash continues to do well, but he needs to earn his place in the squad with loan performances and work on the training ground.

Why not? He was brought in because of his natural goal scoring ability but was probably a bit out of his depth. The others are learning their trade but, while scoring are not prolific.

It takes time for any player to be accustomed to full time football but what I've seen of Nash he looks to have the potential to do well for us.

Let's not forget other non league players who have done well eventually at much higher levels- Ian Wright, Danny Wallace, Tony Cascarino, Jamie Vardy etc.

I remember seeing Steve Coppell playing against us for Tranmere and Ian Rush for Chester they took their opportunities, let's hope Nash is given and takes his opportunity.

Oranjeboom - 20/11/2017 13:58

Why should he jump above Mbo and Cundle? Mbo has already scored goals at that level on loan at Kingstonian this season. Cundle got goals a division higher last season.

I hope Nash continues to do well, but he needs to earn his place in the squad with loan performances and work on the training ground.

Because he?s shown more quality when playing for us.

Gills1958 - 20/11/2017 18:33

Iirc Rush got his first league goal v us and I think we lost 1 0.

And didn't David Beckham make one of his first league appearances against us, on loan with Preston.

Gee, we've given some players a good leg up haven't we? :2: