Nakhi Wells..Having a medical at QPR.. | Vital Football

Nakhi Wells..Having a medical at QPR..

Don't care TBH.

They're said to be getting Tomer Hemed too, who'd be a better loan for us.

It’s hardly gone down to the wire has it? It looks like a deal that was there to be done if we’d been interested.

That's very disappointing to hear you can only assume he wasn't on Chris's list,if was tho that's a big worry that QPR can go over our heads

Does anybody actually think we are going to sign anybody? I've lost the will to live on this subject - when does the next window close?

Don't care TBH.

They're said to be getting Tomer Hemed too, who'd be a better loan for us.
It seems we're obsessed with getting an unfit Villa player in who hasn't had a pre season and is permanently injured. Hemed would have been ideal and able to hit the ground running.

I’ve heard several names mentioned by “insiders” but, to be honest, I don’t think any of them really know which is CW’s preferred choice - and anyway, it still depends on what the player, his club, his agent, his wife, his children etc., etc., want, plus the money involved.
All we simple supporters can do is - relax and wait and see. o_O

Does anybody actually think we are going to sign anybody? I've lost the will to live on this subject - when does the next window close?

I think CW will keep his powder dry now for January. The right deal for the right player hasn't materialised. I know from his interviews that he believes Leon will come good, Billy is doing what Billy does, and there are now a few goals from elsewhere in the team, add in the resurgence of Ched and he might just hang on. If the exact right player isn't available, then that's the sensible thing to do.

I think CW will keep his powder dry now for January. The right deal for the right player hasn't materialised. I know from his interviews that he believes Leon will come good, Billy is doing what Billy does, and there are now a few goals from elsewhere in the team, add in the resurgence of Ched and he might just hang on. If the exact right player isn't available, then that's the sensible thing to do.
He's always said he won't buy for the sake of it if what he wants isn't there for the price he's prepared to pay then he will walk away,it won't stop everybody blaming the board for a lack of ambition tho

Unlike almost all the other managers in the league, Tufty knows he has time. He's doing a good job, but he's pretty untouchable. He's not thinking about saving his job every week and the desperate buys that leads to.

Unlike almost all the other managers in the league, Tufty knows he has time. He's doing a good job, but he's pretty untouchable. He's not thinking about saving his job every week and the desperate buys that leads to.
Despite the general feeling that we should be spending money left right and centre, regardless of whether the business provides value for money, this approach has to be better for the club in the long term.

But, we all know that we are not covered if injury strikes.
I would like a new forward pretty please.:bow:

It'll be a huge gamble/Mistake to go wi the 3 strikers we have nar till January.That aint a slight on the 3's ability but if we lost one through injury or suspension we aint got much/nowt to come into the squad.UTCB

There is a risk Rod, but I suppose we could always panic buy someone who is unfit/crap/returning from injury like everyone else. Whats Conor Sammon doing these days?

It'll be a huge gamble/Mistake to go wi the 3 strikers we have nar till January.That aint a slight on the 3's ability but if we lost one through injury or suspension we aint got much/nowt to come into the squad.UTCB
Agreed It’s an even bigger risk if the 3’s combined age is pushing a ton Rod. UTB

There is a risk Rod, but I suppose we could always panic buy someone who is unfit/crap/returning from injury like everyone else. Whats Conor Sammon doing these days?
I get your point FKB, but a striker was our number one priority back in May and so we’ve had all summer not to have to panic buy.

True, but the right player at the right deal hasn't materialised. We're not desperate, although another one would certainly be useful. I don't want us to end up with a Darren Bent or Connor Sammon, just to say we've got one in.

Ideally we will sign a striker but I hope we don’t get panicked into signing Hogan. That would be as big a gamble as signing no one. I am surprised Villa signed him as there were issues at his first medical. Good strikers are like rocking horse S..t so maybe we keep trying for Johnson or go for Freeman and go one upfront with one of these just behind. If we get an injury to one of the 3 strikers it is not so critical then.