N.U.F.C v Milan | Page 2 | Vital Football

N.U.F.C v Milan

PSG for the amount of money spent are absolutely shite. No danger of them ever winning the champions league scraped through with a draw on the final game and arguably should be out.

All in all a decent campaign and some good results. Unfortunately we don't know how to win ugly like Milan did tonight. Robbed of 3 points in Paris and threw away 3 points tonight. I'm glad we're not in Europa league

Not good enough I am afraid. Out of Europe. Another defeat.
No real attacking threat, was Wilson playing, he did nothing.
Ran out of ideas.
As I expected we are slipping.

Got.the same problem. Everything seems blocked...grrr

Seems we dominate looking at the stats. Miley an assist. Good for this young boy!!
Miley becomes the youngest player to have an assist in the Champions League for an English club

Last edited:
2 losses in 3 home games and just 2 draws away.
Some decent performances.
Miley a big plus.
We did not have enough in attack.
Looking at upcoming league and cup games I am not confident.
Injuries and suspensions will take their toll.
Fulham may be 3 points but thats all

On a positive few we saw some players come back in the squad.
Not good enough I am afraid. Out of Europe. Another defeat.
No real attacking threat, was Wilson playing, he did nothing.
Ran out of ideas.
As I expected we are slipping.
Funny that was the same thing Inwas wondering about Wilson.Mayne our tactics didn't work out to see more of him.

Disappointment aside, there's nothing but plusses and we'll do well to remember where we currently lie on the journey to the giant's castle.

Far too many people have sprinted before we have properly had the chance to walk and are judging us as some sort of finished article or to have all the right cogs in place. The reality of it all is that we are just 2 years into the rebuild of 13 years of damage by the previous jokers and have to do so with our hands being tied behind our back at every opportunity by the premier league and it's various cohorts.

Add to the fact that we are a few years ahead of where most of us expected us to be although even then, some of us were that dispirited that we never imagined us being anywhere near European football again never mind rub the shoulders against the likes of AC Milan.

This season has seen injuries like never before, maybe exaggerated by the intensity that Eddie Howe brings to our squad and maybe because of his expectation to press like never before. Add that to a calibre of squad where some are short of being in the top bracket and that stretch is too much for some physically and for others more mental but bit by bit we will strengthen and put the wrongs right.

We've been missing from the Champions League for 20 years or so and this time it overawed many in that there was some disbelief or gladness just to be there. We get there again and it'll be a different kettle of fish, just like the cup final and just like many a great beanstalk, simple beans will never be enough. They need to be magic.

Eddie Howe is sowing the seeds of our beanstalk and on this occasion the beans weren't magic but you get the feeling that next season's crop will be that bit better and the season after that, most likely better again. The giant has been awoken and the whole of Europe knows we're a team that can be feared again. Just got to wait for that beanstalk to reach the right area and the golden goose will be ours.