My wonderful , brave, strong mother | Vital Football

My wonderful , brave, strong mother

Barney2004

Vital 1st Team Regular
Ok , not sure why im starting a thread about this, but I consider the people I've met from here friends.

This is the story.... October 2014 I had a phone call from my mom to tell me she had cancer. It was one of those moments where my heart sank! She had bought this shit deodorant from Aldi - to just take on holiday. When in the shower she was scrubbing her arm picts to get the deodorant off as it was itching her. When showering she noticed a lump under her arm pit.... Cut a long story short, it was cancer. December 2014 she had the lump removed and then received a call from the hospital to say it didn't spread anywhere else. But because the cancer was the highest grade of cancer you can get, the hospital wanted her to go through 6 months of chemo, and then radio.

She's now on her last course of radio.

I cant believe I nearly lost my mother due to this dreadful Cancer.

I don't want anyone being sorry etc... because this story has a happy ending... Shes fine and going to hopefully live a healthy life now. Im so proud of her.

Make the most of the people you love guys, it can be taken away from you within weeks... even days, or hours.

below is a picture of my brave mom of mothers day.

Attachments

• mom.jpg
    mom.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0
I don't normally share my personal stuff - but wanted to write it down. Cant believe how lucky we all are.

Barney2004 - 22/6/2015 17:15

I don't normally share my personal stuff - but wanted to write it down. Cant believe how lucky we all are.

:1: :1: :1:

She's been through a lot Barney, but it's so nice to see she looks well.

I hope it's all behind her now and she can continue to enjoy life to the full.

Thank you Barney for sharing.

:14:

I have a fairly recent similar story with my Dad and prostate cancer. Well done Lee's mum. Stay strong!!!!!

Mother-in-law is currently having treatment for breast cancer, it's shit isn't it!

On a brighter note, who said it was not a good idea to shop at Aldi?

theres quite a bit of recovery after the radio mate... She will still be aching etc. But certainly the worst is over. She's been through so much. She's a strong lady, That chemo was the strongest dosage and not once did she moan about it.

when she lost her hair she wasn't even bothered. She just wanted to get better.

Villan Of The North - 22/6/2015 10:34

I have a fairly recent similar story with my Dad and prostate cancer. Well done Lee's mum. Stay strong!!!!!

Mother-in-law is currently having treatment for breast cancer, it's shit isn't it!

On a brighter note, who said it was not a good idea to shop at Aldi?

Ian its terrible to watch your loved one go through so much shit, but then I had to remember and realise it could have been worse, a whole lot worse.

Aldi has saved her life!

I hope your family member makes a strong recovery :)

since my mom found her lump I've had a friend, whos mother found out she had cancer after my mom found her lump. My friends mother is dead now. Makes you think.

Nice one Lee this disease affects us all directly or indirectly such a cruel horrible disease that has no bounds or prejudices.

gator - 22/6/2015 10:51

Nice one Lee this disease affects us all directly or indirectly such a cruel horrible disease that has no bounds or prejudices.

you're right. The sooner they find a cure the better. Cancer research say 2020 they will have it nailed. Frightening to think of how many people will suffer until then. Horrid disease.

Barney2004 - 22/6/2015 10:14

Make the most of the people you love guys, it can be taken away from you within weeks... even days, or hours.

Amen to that.

And thanks for sharing that story mate.

The Fear - 22/6/2015 11:02

Barney2004 - 22/6/2015 10:14

Amen to that.

And thanks for sharing that story mate.

:35:

its made us (her kids) appritiate her that bit more... not that we didn't before, but you know what I mean.

You only get one mother. And a mother is a big part of who you are.

Barney2004 - 22/6/2015 10:53

you're right. The sooner they find a cure the better. Cancer research say 2020 they will have it nailed. Frightening to think of how many people will suffer until then. Horrid disease.
Personally I would rather there be a prevention rather than a cure why can't we all be screened to see how susceptible we are and if we are at a considerable risk then supply us with treatments to reduce the risk but I suppose this would cost too much for us menials of society.

gator - 22/6/2015 11:12

Barney2004 - 22/6/2015 10:53

Personally I would rather there be a prevention rather than a cure why can't we all be screened to see how susceptible we are and if we are at a considerable risk then supply us with treatments to reduce the risk but I suppose this would cost too much for us menials of society.

either way mate - something needs to be done in the meantime - to many people are losing to cancer.

:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: What a fighter and an inspiration to all of us, i am just glad your mom is so strong mate and this story is most certainly a happy one :55:

My uncle who i said a while back had cancer had his lung removed and it went into his brain which has been removed and now is out back home after such a battle, that's why i am grateful to read this story Barn dude nice one mate!!! :35:

sirdennis - 22/6/2015 11:14

Glad that she has done so well Barney. You should show her this thread.

I may very well do that mate. My mom isn't the best at taking praise lol.

but everyone that knows her are so very proud of how she has coped with this. She has even been doing her job whilst going through this part time. 16 hours a week when being wiped out with chemo.

ClivetheVillan - 22/6/2015 11:20

:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: What a fighter and an inspiration to all of us, i am just glad your mom is so strong mate and this story is most certainly a happy one :55:

My uncle who i said a while back had cancer had his lung removed and it went into his brain which has been removed and now is out back home after such a battle, that's why i am grateful to read this story Barn dude nice one mate!!! :35:

cheers clive, and she certainly is an inspiration. And im proud to have her as my mother. I honestly wouldn't know what I would do without this woman im my life. I feel blessed we still have her :)

Im glad to read that your uncle is recovering. Strong man indeed.

Cheers Barn man, life is so precious and yet we can easily forget what we have got sometimes, you spoil her mate which i know you will, your mom is defo inspiration ay she and hope for many other people that get this evil nasty scary thing, made my heart warm and emotional mate om so happy for you and your family i really am!!!

it is precious mate, and we all seem to forget from time to time. Im so used to my mom being there for me until this - when your loved ones get that little bit older the tables turn and we have to look after them.

I can't wait for her to get her life back. Instead of having to go to the hospital everyday , going to bed at 5pm because she's so worn out. Getting her hair, and believe it or not, finger nails back. I know all of this will happen in time. I just want her to lead a 'normal' life after this. Which she intends to do.

Strangely enough she says she misses working full time and doing normal day to day stuff. Even cleaning the house lol. SO I've warned her I don't want to hear her moaning about stuff like this lol ;)