My *least* favourite game so far this season is... | Page 2 | Vital Football

My *least* favourite game so far this season is...

agree that was shocking!...............but Gillingham was worse.

I'd go for Gillingham away too.
Miserable performance on the pitch against a very poor home team.
Crap away end, just a block of rusty old scaffolding which I'm amazed passes any safety certificate (it it actually does).
Stewards weren't the nicest.
Went down on supporters buses and they weren't allowed to drop us off anyone near the ground so a long walk to the ground and the same walk back but even harder having witnessed the dross on the pitch.

Is Kent in general just a bad place to go? Dover away was the worst trip in the conference too that season, and also entails a far old walk to another crap away end. Do Kent people simply have a dislike of anyone who dares to visit their county ?

Of the games I've been to, Oxford at home, first time I've seen the Imps ship 6.

As good as some of the Oxford play was that day, City collectively laid the welcome mat out for them. Good job the ink was dry on MA's contract!

Wasn't at: Vs Southend away. How did we lose to Southend?
On the day the players didn`t seem to approach the game with any real desire to win and Southend showed a lot more spunk.In the post match interview Joe Morrell hints at a poor mentality(attitude) on the day and he is really pissed off.....see link.
MA holds back a little and mentions players need to "stand up and be counted"he glosses over individual incidents in the game and errs to the problem of "the bigger picture" which to me is attitude and desire needed for the full 90 mins.
On the day one or two performances were well below par,Zack was played wide right and delivered little and up top Tom Hopper struggled(not match fit?) as did John Jules who found it tough.
Both goals conceded that day were completely abysmal....see link
Watch on the first goal how many players are in and around our box defending but not one makes a real challenge,then the shot hits bar and they score an easy rebound whilst we are too slow to react..
Goal 2 was a basic front post defensive error, poor marking.

total horseshit and not a jellied eel as a consolation prize!.........felt sorry for those that travelled.

Hope this goes a little way to explaining one or 2 issues.
match highlights.
plus Joe interview

Last edited:
I'd go for Gillingham away too.
Miserable performance on the pitch against a very poor home team.
Crap away end, just a block of rusty old scaffolding which I'm amazed passes any safety certificate (it it actually does).
Stewards weren't the nicest.
Went down on supporters buses and they weren't allowed to drop us off anyone near the ground so a long walk to the ground and the same walk back but even harder having witnessed the dross on the pitch.

Is Kent in general just a bad place to go? Dover away was the worst trip in the conference too that season, and also entails a far old walk to another crap away end. Do Kent people simply have a dislike of anyone who dares to visit their county ?
As you say the stewards were................................... total arseholes.

Last edited:
Donny away in the Trophy.
Team selection (lack of), performance (lack of), atmosphere (lack of), all confirmed the speculation, that the Cowleys were on their way, was about to happen.

Donny away in the Trophy.
Team selection (lack of), performance (lack of), atmosphere (lack of), all confirmed the speculation, that the Cowleys were on their way, was about to happen.
That’s a bit harsh. We were at half strength after playing on the Saturday whereas Donny didn’t play on the saturday and were at full strength and Akinde missed a penalty which would have put us 2-1 up half way through the 2nd half.
Gillingham, Southend and Coventry were far worse bar for about 15 minutes spread over the 3 games.

Thankfully missed some of the bad performances such as Oxford at home and the trips to Southend and Gillingham so I think mine was the away game at Coventry. Took me forever to drive only what was for me about 12 miles then we put on an insipid performance in a three quarters empty stadium. Oh..and got very wet when the heavens decided to open just before the break

Thankfully missed some of the bad performances such as Oxford at home and the trips to Southend and Gillingham so I think mine was the away game at Coventry. Took me forever to drive only what was for me about 12 miles then we put on an insipid performance in a three quarters empty stadium. Oh..and got very wet when the heavens decided to open just before the break

Yep that was another far from great day.