My *least* favourite game so far this season is... | Vital Football

My *least* favourite game so far this season is...

I don't think the Oxford home game has any competition tbh. A 6-0 defeat and total capitulation,when trying to impress the new manager watching from the stands,takes some beating.

Last edited:
... Sunderland away. Jesus Lord.

I think I’ll agree with that Notty. Expectation was pretty high following the win over Posh and a game most had been looking forward to since the fixtures came out. Terrific away following against a side blowing hot and cold but we lost the game in a mad 10 minute spell ( in your favourite manor ;) ) Followed by an endless journey home on the coach after the windscreen cracked and we had to travel at half speed and then wait for another coach to arrive. Finally arrived home around 10.30 thoroughly miserable

I don't think the Oxford home again has any competition tbh. A 6-0 defeat and total capitulation,when trying to impress the new manager watching from the stands,takes some beating.

I think that was my second choice but only because we were in limbo at the time

Of the games i witnessed then away to Gillingham has to rank as one of the most utterly spineless performances i have witnessed this season.
400 imps sitting in a makeshift stand made of scaffolding watching your own side playing like a team of bottlers,it was an embarrassment.
If i remember rightly when MA was asked post match if the players had incurred any injuries his response was along the lines of..........i doubt we have any injuries as nobody made a tackle in the whole 90 minutes.
I travel home and away and can live with defeat if we are outclassed or,unlucky on the day but to take defeat without showing any spirit for the fight is unacceptable.
MA called it as it was..................shocking.

Last edited:
The only good thing about that game in early January in Sunderland was the fact that my son and I both ticked off another ground watching the Imps; one which I never would have thought we'd have done in a League game!

Was at: Vs Oxford at home. Just laughed at the fourth, fifth and sixth goals going in from the sheer pathetic nature of it. Like a circus of horrors!

Oxford at home was a nightmare.
At least there was one decent side on show who played great football,plenty of goals,general entertainment and we only dropped 3 points!
Kept scanning(binos) over to the Selenity in between the action on the pitch to see MA looking on in a tentative fashion,(mentally starting to write down his NGE list), all decked out in a full whistle,looking fairly tasty for a footy match, but i bet the first 3 words he said to Liam at half time in the director`s bar were......... WTF!

Last edited: