My Freezer! | Vital Football

My Freezer!

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
I left my freezer door open yesterday by mistake (obviously)

Freezer was on, door was open, probably 5 hours. Stuff still felt frozen when I got home so I shut the door and left the food in.

Would you take the risk? Got steaks and some chicken stir fry stuff mainly, plus peas, mixed veg and a couple of frozen fish

I'm thinking ditch the chicken, keep the beef.

As said, all looked frozen still.

You can both stick your beeps where the :censor::censor::censor: and :censor: off with the :censor::censor::censor:

:rofl:

I thought someone might have something useful to say help wise, I think I had too high an expectation for us lot! :lol:

The danger zone for food is between 8° and 64° (it's actually 5° but the government guidelines err on the side of caution. There is no way the food will have defrosted enough to be in danger in 5 hours. Unless your freezer happens to be situated in a sauna, which I doubt.

!/ My freezer beeps too and so does my fridge if it is left open, which is good, however the downside is when you are packing things away in them you either have to listen to the beeping or keep shutting it and reopening it.

................................................................................................................

2/ To confirm JPA is correct, ofcourse

.................................................................................................................

3/ That doesn't look like frozen ice to me! I have a rather nasty vision in my head with that MD

Last edited:
The danger zone for food is between 8° and 64° (it's actually 5° but the government guidelines err on the side of caution. There is no way the food will have defrosted enough to be in danger in 5 hours. Unless your freezer happens to be situated in a sauna, which I doubt.

That's actually great information to have, cheers JPA!

!/ My freezer beeps too and so does my fridge if it is left open, which is good, however the downside is when you are packing things away in them you either have to listen to the beeping or keep shutting it and reopening it.

................................................................................................................

2/ To confirm JPA is correct, ofcourse

.................................................................................................................

3/ That doesn't look like frozen ice to me! I have a rather nasty vision in my head with that MD

I find it quite fun trying to try and beat the fridge door opening beep. When I'm loading the fridge with shopping it's a bit like a game on The Crystal Maze . I have a minute before the fridge beeps.

I apologise for the picture KK by intention was to find a picture of Olaf and Elsa from Frozen to post .
It's amazing what Giphy will lead you to. I couldn't resist.

It will be absolutely fine. Stress not.
This - I've got 2 kids mate. The freezer is probably open more than it's shut. If it was the height of summer I'd say different. But now, you're cool as is the food.

5hrs isn't enough - but my own spidey sense says, take a bite and judge then but even that is over cautious.

I find it quite fun trying to try and beat the fridge door opening beep. When I'm loading the fridge with shopping it's a bit like a game on The Crystal Maze . I have a minute before the fridge beeps.

I apologise for the picture KK by intention was to find a picture of Olaf and Elsa from Frozen to post .
It's amazing what Giphy will lead you to. I couldn't resist.

Strangely enough I do that to 're the fridge freezer MD. Try and beat the minute times. Its rare if there is more than a few items I do! Humph

Have you too got the American fridge/freezer?

A Frozen film image would have been much better! I will let you guess what i thought when seen it! :sick: