"My first thought - I don't know who Aston Villa are" - Legend reflects on his time at Villa | Vital Football

"My first thought - I don't know who Aston Villa are" - Legend reflects on his time at Villa

One of my all-time favourites – criminal how he was allowed to leave a mere three years after lifting the European Cup. And even more criminal how he was never capped by England – mind-boggling!

One of my all-time favourites – criminal how he was allowed to leave a mere three years after lifting the European Cup. And even more criminal how he was never capped by England – mind-boggling!

Don't get me started on the England thing JPA.

I actually wrote to the great man once telling him it was a national disgrace etc that he hadn't been capped.

Don't get me started on the England thing JPA.

I actually wrote to the great man once telling him it was a national disgrace etc that he hadn't been capped.

He lived next door to my mate and my mate who is not much of a football fan did not realise who it was, he knew he played for the Villa once and that was about it. Do he not get an England B cap once

I'm meeting up with him Saturday and he's coming to the Spurs game with me.

Don't like to talk about it.

:lol:

Well to be fair, he was a kid just down from Merseyside and we were two divisions below Cov at the time, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise. He soon found out though :utv:
In all fairness it has got a little bit of the I did’nt. know oral b did a toothpaste about it