My first game of the season | Vital Football

My first game of the season

4evrspurs

Vital Newbie
Morning all. First time posting here but been reading your forum for a few days now as a guest.
Went to my first game of the season yesterday, in unfortunately the home end of Selhurst Park.
A few points I just wanted to make out, as I’ve seen every game this season on TV but what I witnessed yesterday contradicted slightly what I’ve been seeing on TV.
Firstly, wow what a racquet our away fans make, was so good to hear them out singing Palace but just in general they deserve so much credit keeping the team up when were under it.
Now, we looked like we were playing with absolutely no confidence, Wanyama looked dismal and in all fairness was extremely lucky to still be on the pitch. Dembele also giving the ball away which isn’t normally him. Both of them just didn’t look at the races. Was obvious at HT that changes would be made. The double substation’s Poch made were spot on and only ones he could make (due to strength of squad). Going back to a back 4 with Dier in the middle gave allot more balance. Dier looked so much more imposing and astute playing as the DM, and going forward I think this will be his position in years to come. Future captain? Possibly, but defiantly reliable on the ball. Our little magician in Christian, what a player! You really can’t capture everything he does on TV, his movement off the ball his touches and composure , just wow, defiantly won us the game. Harry Kane, his physical presence is just immense, didn’t have many chances but battled all night up front on his own and holding up play as well as winning flick ons in the air etc. Walker looked like a player worried about losing his place to Tripper, besides his speed to recover he was quite a liability yesterday, his crossing and shooting all over the place. Zaha was all over him, and is starting to look like the player Sir Alex saw the potential in. Ben Davies looked absolutely solid, no mistakes, confidence in defending in tight situations, making himself available and was truly surprised by his composure and discipline. Lastly Ssissoko, deserves some of the abuse he’s been getting prior, however he did his job last night. His physical presence helped us, and also doubled up on Zaha. Won important headers and made played a few neat passes. He does look like he will go in the summer as doesn’t fit into the project however he gave his all yesterday finally.
We needed this win!

Morning 4evrspurs and a warm welcome to VS.

A good first post by the way :35:

My very first game was similar to yours, at Selhurt Park way back in 1980 or 81, can't quite remember now. We won the game 4-3 and after that I was hooked.

The arse game at the weekend will be another ass twitching, nail biting game. Personally I can't wait.

COYS :4:

Thanks all for the warm welcome.
Been reading through majority of the posts the last week. Decided to join due the insightful posts , humour\banter but more so seems like a community here who post regularly.
haha Tino, so not looking forward to the NLD. My heart and blood pressure wont be able to take it. The wife has to hide all the remote controls and anything throw-able in close proximity!

We have a cracking bunch of regular posters and so you have made the right choice :30:

There are one or two who have insider (club) knowledge and so stick around and enjoy the ride.

COYS

Well spotted on Sissoko . Some on here still thought he was shite though. I was watching our MF closely after the loss of possession against the Chavs. They were even worse against Palace. The pressing game we have means were are open on the break so dawdling on the ball and losing it is not good.

Dembele gets lots of praise but I have always doubted his creative contribution. Looks good, very physical, usually keeps the ball but for too long. I love watching him play but is he a luxury we don't need . ?

Welcome to the asylum. ;-)

Good post and looks like you know your football. Always a bonus on here when most don't have a clue. ;-)