My favourite game of this season so far is...? | Vital Football

My favourite game of this season so far is...?

Peterborough home, love last minute winners, and a great hit, and Barry Fry was there as well to suffer, double celebration !

Of the games I've been to, the only win has been at home to Blackpool so it wins by default. However, it was an encouraging performance as several of the new young signings showed great promise so its not unreasonable.

Of those I've seen by iFollow or TV, Everton was an incredible night and Ipswich a stunning thriller.

But that win over Posh wins overall - a compelling, competitive game, a comeback win with an extraordinary last gasp winner taking us right back to 2017. MA's reaction a joy!

Although we lost in the end, I'd pick Everton away. Brilliant opening goal from Harry right at the start, goal of the season equaliser from Bruno later on.
Cracking atmosphere. Sadly the swansong of 3 years of brilliant matches under the Cowleys.

When will we get back to any such occasions??

After watching the rerun I would say Ipswich at home when we won 5-3, it was a highly enjoyable game with a bit of an edge in it towards the end of the match and both teams wanted to win. The Everton game was a close second.

Although we lost in the end, I'd pick Everton away. Brilliant opening goal from Harry right at the start, goal of the season equaliser from Bruno later on.
Cracking atmosphere. Sadly the swansong of 3 years of brilliant matches under the Cowleys.

When will we get back to any such occasions??

In about another 100 years.

Ipswich, 5 yep 5 goals we put past Ipswich and to top it off I got second dibs on the 50/50 draw. If Carlsberg did Christmas football....

When you think about it, Sunderland, Bolton, Blackpool, Everton, Peterborough, Ipswich, it's been none to shabby for a mid table side in this crazy two thirds season. I won't mention the away games mind.

Going for the home game against Sunderland. To consider how far apart the two teams were in the leagues only a couple of years before we played them off the park in that 2-0 win

I was gobsmacked by their apparent lack of will to compete with us that day, we were good but for a team expecting to be somewhere near the top of the league I thought they were woefully short of both endeavour and ideas...

I was gobsmacked by their apparent lack of will to compete with us that day, we were good but for a team expecting to be somewhere near the top of the league I thought they were woefully short of both endeavour and ideas...

The manager left the next week, I think... ;)