Mundane Monday Musings....... | Vital Football

Mundane Monday Musings.......

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
Martin, Thorne, Blackman, Butterfield and Hanson are all playing for the under 23s this morning.

All 5 surplus to requirements and so getting game time to get them fit enough to let go could be one possibility?

I dont think Hanson is necessarily surplus to requirements, and I would give Thorne one more opportunity to return to full fitness. the the other three do not seem to have a future. By " let go" do you mean terminate contracts though since we cannot sell? If so then I'd keep them rather than pay the wages just to leave - unless a good commutation deal can be arranged

I dont think Hanson is necessarily surplus to requirements, and I would give Thorne one more opportunity to return to full fitness. the the other three do not seem to have a future. By " let go" do you mean terminate contracts though since we cannot sell? If so then I'd keep them rather than pay the wages just to leave - unless a good commutation deal can be arranged

More of a question than an opinion. The ? at the end probably gave it away.... ;)

IMO Martin doesn't fit the #9 role demanded by FL in his version of 1-4-3-3

Agree with the Thorne comments.

Hanson has suffered through his ability to play RB, CH, AM and DM. Not really had the chance to develop in any specific role.

Butterfield looks OK at this level which is a mile off 1st team level.

Blackman didn't impress wide right in the first half.

Nugent to Sheffield United, Vernam to Grimsby and George Evans (know nothing about him) to us from Reading seem to be tonight’s latest DT rumours.

More of a question than an opinion. The ? at the end probably gave it away.... ;)

IMO Martin doesn't fit the #9 role demanded by FL in his version of 1-4-3-3

Agree with the Thorne comments.

Hanson has suffered through his ability to play RB, CH, AM and DM. Not really had the chance to develop in any specific role.

Butterfield looks OK at this level which is a mile off 1st team level.

Blackman didn't impress wide right in the first half.

1-4-3-3??? Nope I've looked at many football formations and haven't found one which allows 12 players on the field, or have the Dutch invented a new game?

1-4-3-3??? Nope I've looked at many football formations and haven't found one which allows 12 players on the field, or have the Dutch invented a new game?

No. They simply decided not to exclude the keeper. Football has changed greatly. In the past you had 10 players and a keeper. Keepers were deemed "different". They only ever got together with the outfield players in matches. these days the keeper is seen as part of the defence and interacts on the field with the defence and midfield. He/she plays as an extra sweeper and acts as an outlet when a defender is under pressure. He is no longer the "outcast" but a footballing member of a team. So much so that clubs like Ajax demand that their keepers are good with either foot.

The keeper is no longer an appendage but an unmissable part of the defence.

Come out of the dark ages with your thoughts.

Latest Rams News