Mumba Gone | Vital Football

Mumba Gone

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
So all the talk was around Aarons and Rashica going, but the first is Mumba who has been sold - a couple of weeks before the season starts.

Fee is thought to be around 1 million with add ons.

Strengthening a championship rival.

Shame as I thought he was going to be a decent player for us this season. He was also making noises about hoping to push on with Norwich, being the poster boy for the new kits too.

I wonder if we just wanted to get some cash in asap and Plymouth kept on knocking on the door.

Apparently DW wasn't overly impressed with Mumba plus the good performances of Stacey and Fisher had pushed Mumba down the pecking order.

What a load of scumbags there are running our club . Mumba was one of my (few ) favourites at NC and now this young enthusiastic lad has gone while we build up the pensions of the likes of Barnes and give fat contracts to useless losers like No Idea and McCrap . Plymouth will probably go up and we will probably go down . I’m so glad I have told NC to stick their STs right up their arses

I agree i wanted to see him play for us, 1m is utter small change, ridiculous decision again, honestly cant believe it, well i can actually

I agree i wanted to see him play for us, 1m is utter small change, ridiculous decision again, honestly cant believe it, well i can actually
Don't forget this is Delia who still thinks a million is life changing and will mean we are a rich club and it's Webber who is leaving and isn't that interested in the future of club.

What person in right mind gives no idea a 5 year contract and sells Mumba for peanuts ?
Webber must be going to ipshit next and is already working for them.
to sabotage us.

Dear oh dear oh dear - left field and murphy strike again - why hasnt Webber just gone - we only operate on base level not even sure if we even achieve that at the moment - injuries galore and we sell a talent for peanuts - just because DW didnt rate him - we'll see how good he is when we play them assuming he's not injured

Dear oh dear oh dear - left field and murphy strike again - why hasnt Webber just gone - we only operate on base level not even sure if we even achieve that at the moment - injuries galore and we sell a talent for peanuts - just because DW didnt rate him - we'll see how good he is when we play them assuming he's not injured
He's left Norwich so he'll not get injured 😁

In May - DW: 'Mumba is going nowhere and will be important to the squad. The book is closed on that and he is staying.'

The reason he has been sold are as I said - 1) DW not impressed during preseason and saw issues in his defending (but he doesn't see these in Giannoulis and Gibson --- strange). 2) Apparently Mumba didn't understand the tactically side of what DW wanted. 3) Kellen Fisher who was signed for the u21 side has impressed and proven he is way ahead of the u21 side players and ready to mix it with the first team which took DW by surprise.

I agree with the ink writers comments that the disappointment from fans in seeing Mumba go are:

A side that has gone stale and was promised to be refreshed has seen little change and seeing youth players like Mumba go is not what they were hoping for. Mumba was an exciting young player and one who was passionate and wanted to play here.
A player that had two years on his deal and was league 1 player of the year being sold for nothing is frustrating and shows lack of planning. (I am sure that if we started to offer him out then we could have got way more than the 1 million).

The club has always prided itself on brining youth through and then selling at a time that is right at the right time - this seems rushed and desperate.

The decision to sell is seen as a risk because if Mumba goes on to become the player fans expect, then fans will be asking why his potential was not recognised and backed at Carrow Road and why was he old for little fee.

Fans seeing two months to make a decision on a young player who is being asked to learn a new role is poor management. Look at others at the club who have been given time to adapt.