Mr Bates v The Post Office | Page 2 | Vital Football

Mr Bates v The Post Office

What’s shocking to me is the factor 8 scandal hasn’t been resolved fully, maybe this needs an ITV drama as well. In this case, thousands of people were infected with HIV and/or Hep-C due to contaminated blood products.

Agrees! All be it since my husband passed I have nothing to do with his sister, my sister in law, she is one of them affected by the contaminated blood scandal who hasn't had full compensation.

Indeed they tried passing the buck with her saying she had been infected elsewhere, which fortunately she could prove wasn't the case

It makes you realise that both the establishment and capitalist powers really do not give a shit about ordinary people, especially if you’re in a minority where you could impact capitalist gains or prevent someone getting or keeping power. They’ll try and shoot you down whatever the laws and individual morals dictate. That Vennels woman who was head of the PO was a bible basher and all. How You can go to church and know what she did just proves that some religious people are the most crooked on the planet.

It makes you realise that both the establishment and capitalist powers really do not give a shit about ordinary people, especially if you’re in a minority where you could impact capitalist gains or prevent someone getting or keeping power. They’ll try and shoot you down whatever the laws and individual morals dictate. That Vennels woman who was head of the PO was a bible basher and all. How You can go to church and know what she did just proves that some religious people are the most crooked on the planet.
Amen.

We could now have a situation where the Gov is suing the Gov over fraudulent HMRC tax procedures PMSL

The Post Office may have underpaid more than £100m in tax by deducting payments to victims of the Horizon scandal from its profits, say tax experts.

We could now have a situation where the Gov is suing the Gov over fraudulent HMRC tax procedures PMSL

The Post Office may have underpaid more than £100m in tax by deducting payments to victims of the Horizon scandal from its profits, say tax experts.

That made me splutter my coffee ☕️ You really couldn't make it up. Just when you think the twilight zone can't get anymore bizarre... 🌠🌠🌠

That made me splutter my coffee ☕️ You really couldn't make it up. Just when you think the twilight zone can't get anymore bizarre... 🌠🌠🌠

Remember the film 'Man Who Sued God' with Billy Connolly - Armando Iannucci may think politics is too batshit for a revised 'Thick Of It' but I want him to write this script.

Fujitsu has finally admitted culpability over Horizon, offering an apology and opening up to them sharing compensation.

They have also said the Post Office were informed of their errors, but it seems it was on the PO to fix them, not Fujitsu - and they were apparently completely unaware of the lies told by the PO.

If they have a moral obligation to pay compo, didn't they have a legal obligation to NOT help the PO pursue the legal cases?

I know it depends on the year Fujitsu will admit to knowing the faults, and informing the PO.

But isn't this fraud, and criminal libel and a whole host of other things. From them both, for not coming forward when they did know?

What bonuses were illegally paid on both sides through their criminal silence?

If the shredders haven't already been double shifts, they will after Fujitsu's comments.

It's unbelievable how much government work Fujitsu have picked up and continue to pick up since this debacle.

Oh dear. Anyone got Armando Iannucci's number?

Post Office bosses secretly decided in April 2014 to sack forensic accountants who had found bugs in their IT system, documents obtained by the BBC show.
They also reveal the government had knowledge of the decision, taken by a Post Office board sub-committee, codenamed "Project Sparrow".

So now we have the Gov potentially suing the Gov, whilst suing Fujitsu who have offered to pay, whilst being sued by postmasters, whilst being sued by lawyers for the estates of postmasters who have sadly passed, whilst the Gov conducts an inquiry into what it knew and when, which could also result in the Gov then suing MP's for criminal failures, which opens up postmasters and lawyers for the estates of passed postmasters to then sue for criminal libel compensation, with the Gov pursuing non MP's who also knew for fraud and perjury, whilst others now sue the Gov for constructive dismissal and unlawful breach of contracts.

Have I forgotten anything?

Oh dear. Anyone got Armando Iannucci's number?

Post Office bosses secretly decided in April 2014 to sack forensic accountants who had found bugs in their IT system, documents obtained by the BBC show.
They also reveal the government had knowledge of the decision, taken by a Post Office board sub-committee, codenamed "Project Sparrow".

So now we have the Gov potentially suing the Gov, whilst suing Fujitsu who have offered to pay, whilst being sued by postmasters, whilst being sued by lawyers for the estates of postmasters who have sadly passed, whilst the Gov conducts an inquiry into what it knew and when, which could also result in the Gov then suing MP's for criminal failures, which opens up postmasters and lawyers for the estates of passed postmasters to then sue for criminal libel compensation, with the Gov pursuing non MP's who also knew for fraud and perjury, whilst others now sue the Gov for constructive dismissal and unlawful breach of contracts.

Have I forgotten anything?

The explosion in a paint factory 🏭

I was fuming at the TV the other day when some chunt from the post office was telling the inquiry that he still believes the postmasters and mistresses are guilty of theft.