Moyes | Vital Football

Moyes

Bear1951

Vital Football Legend
I know he is a Nobber but why the witch hunt for what was obviously a joke and why did he apologize?

I can never understand witch hunts anyway, but its like as though the media have to blow everything out of proportion in order to sensationalize. He was very foolish to apologize, but probably did out of pressure.

Bear1951 - 3/4/2017 18:24

I know he is a Nobber but why the witch hunt for what was obviously a joke and why did he apologize?
He was foolish to say what he did,and it gave the P.C. brigade the excuse to have a field day .... :eek:

The trouble is that "PC" is now a pejorative term applied by reactionary old farts to denigrate any attempt to make language reflect changing values and to justify despicable and outmoded language and concepts.

premier 1 - 5/4/2017 10:50

Yes you are right to a certain extent,but the pendulum has swung too far.........

Correct prem :clap: Could not have put that better. Moderation is the key for most things in life.

Bear1951 - 5/4/2017 09:12

The trouble is that "PC" is now a pejorative term applied by reactionary old farts to denigrate any attempt to make language reflect changing values and to justify despicable and outmoded language and concepts.

Well phrased Bear.

What has he said/done? Not getting much British news out here. I suppose I could Google it or would that be Goggle it being that it's the frog eyed, ex nobber?

Lovely old picture

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ukV69vAqXAk/UmusB0PKEKI/AAAAAAAAojE/yDRqgLLOzy4/s1600/David+MOYES.png

He said a reporter's question was a bit cheeky and if she did it again she might get a slap even though she was a woman. All done in a very tongue in check tone.

Bear1951 - 6/4/2017 20:16

He said a reporter's question was a bit cheeky and if she did it again she might get a slap even though she was a woman. All done in a very tongue in check tone.

So sad you can't have a joke nowadays without upsetting some bugger. That said them silly old goats that claim to be opposed to political correctness are stuck in the 1950s . . . But claim to be young at heart!

It's a nothing thing, probably been raised by the Mackem fans as a viable avenue to get rid of him. Their board don't seem interested despite them being at the lower end of the Prem for months.