Move thread | Vital Football

Move thread

loudmouthblue

Vital Football Hero
Could you possibly move the thread ' Not Latics - Wigan Town Centre to off topic please, copy and pasting photos from wigan world is not rocket science.

While your at it move this one as well.

Could you possibly move the thread ' Not Latics - Wigan Town Centre to off topic please, copy and pasting photos from wigan world is not rocket science.

Bloody hell LMB....I for one enjoy / enjoyed the old Wigan pics & I know it's not Latics related but somehow not sure I'd venture over to 'off topic' to have a nosey so imo I'd like to see it left on here & all u buggers arguing / point scoring over political / council issues can take it somewhere else....

Carry on posting Springy

Not all the photos are from Wiganworld,
i got a lot off Pinterest and other photo sites
if you don't like the thread just skip it.

Wigan Town Centre gives a clue to the thread.

I have posted a few photos about Latics and Springfield Park,
''Latics Pics Various'' thread.

Do you want that thread moving as well?

The spam is annoying to be fair. I enjoyed the conversation about the town centre and what needs to be done to improve it, but that has been lost with all the pictures. If you want someone to post pictures only, make a thread like you did for Springfield Park.

By the way LMB, the reason i have a lot of the photos of Wigan,
i collected them over the years for my 3 older sisters, who have sadly died,
they wanted to look back on the Wigan they remembered
when they were growing up.

They were not 'savvy' enough to copy and paste photos off the Web as they were not rocket scientist's so, they asked me,
which i gladly carried out their request.

I treasure these photo collections of Wigan, as it brought my Sisters a lot of
pleasure over the years and they passed on a lot of information on the Wigan
i never knew.

Last edited:
The spam is annoying to be fair. I enjoyed the conversation about the town centre and what needs to be done to improve it, but that has been lost with all the pictures. If you want someone to post pictures only, make a thread like you did for Springfield Park.

What 'spam' are u finding annoying....the photos??
I find the conversation & the photos go hand in hand as it gives u an idea of some of the places being discussed....imo

I've moved all the photos and any comments about the photos to the new Not Latics - Wigan photos thread, hopefully it's title is clear enough for people who aren't interested to ignore it.
That pretty much leaves the Not Latics - town centre thread for the debate / argument about council etc.

Both should technically be in off topic but we are in the midst of an international break and some are clearly bored without Latics :grinning: and I believe that our small forum community is established and mature enough now to be able to cope with a couple of off topic threads in here for the moment.

Disclaimer, much like my underwear I do tend to change my opinion every few days so I may well banish threads into the abyss of "off topic" on a whim in the future.

Also, I've let a few personal insult posts go recently, but there's a high probability that I'll move some of those at some point to the "tit for tat bickering" thread, not because I want to stifle content or censor folk, I just like them all in one place as occasionally going back and reading that thread gives me a lift when I'm feeling a little down.

There's always one to spoil things, not you Arthur the OP on here!

Edit...Don't know why you gave him the satisfaction.

I've moved all the photos and any comments about the photos to the new Not Latics - Wigan photos thread, hopefully it's title is clear enough for people who aren't interested to ignore it.
That pretty much leaves the Not Latics - town centre thread for the debate / argument about council etc.

Both should technically be in off topic but we are in the midst of an international break and some are clearly bored without Latics :grinning: and I believe that our small forum community is established and mature enough now to be able to cope with a couple of off topic threads in here for the moment.

Disclaimer, much like my underwear I do tend to change my opinion every few days so I may well banish threads into the abyss of "off topic" on a whim in the future.

Also, I've let a few personal insult posts go recently, but there's a high probability that I'll move some of those at some point to the "tit for tat bickering" thread, not because I want to stifle content or censor folk, I just like them all in one place as occasionally going back and reading that thread gives me a lift when I'm feeling a little down.

Bloody hell Arthur_Itis....don't know if we're coming or going half the time on here, threads moved, threads merged, threads deleted, threads bare, threading hell for us who don't know where to look...I'm thread up with this & threadfully unimpressed so may well start a new thread entitled.....
'Where have all the threads gone'.......a post from Peter, Paul & Mary 😉..

Seriously tho, the post / pics were hardly doing any harm & as most posters have commented, it's nice & nostalgic, cheers people up & for some a good blast from the past....imo the whole thread should have been left alone & allowed to stay where it was. We all know very well in 'off topic' the thread will get less & less views till it becomes totally forgotten

Bloody hell Arthur_Itis....don't know if we're coming or going half the time on here, threads moved, threads merged, threads deleted, threads bare, threading hell for us who don't know where to look...I'm thread up with this & threadfully unimpressed so may well start a new thread entitled.....
'Where have all the threads gone'.......a post from Peter, Paul & Mary 😉..

Seriously tho, the post / pics were hardly doing any harm & as most posters have commented, it's nice & nostalgic, cheers people up & for some a good blast from the past....imo the whole thread should have been left alone & allowed to stay where it was. We all know very well in 'off topic' the thread will get less & less views till it becomes totally forgotten
Erm ......it has stayed where it was. Just a different title.

A little premature eJockulation there.
😉

Erm ......it has stayed where it was. Just a different title.

A little premature eJockulation there.
😉

🤣🤣🤣🤣
....all this fiddling ( no puns please 😉) / moving / shifting / renaming etc is becoming more and more frequent. I get the reasons for some - the bickering / arguments etc but it seems once a thread gets a whinge or moan from someone it's then on the radar, any more moans the thread gets a yellow, then possibly a red ( match ban into off topic) - some things should be left alone...😉

Jock, I've probably moved or merged 4 threads in the past month I just don't have time to keep on top of some of the shit that gets posted on here, if you or anyone else wants to take a stint at admin I'm more than happy to step down, I suggested as much a month ago. I really don't see the problem with a thread that had 2 themes being split into 2 threads but if you feel so passionately about it PM me and we'll coordinate switching admin responsibility.

Last edited:
This site will go the same way as CL before long, its already on its arse, bang out of order to move posts around all over the place because ONE person doesn't like the content of the thread.