Son -
Richarlison -

Dier -
Hojbjerg -
Lo Celso -

Ange -
The Team -

MoM - Venom - saved our bacon

Vicario - 8.5 - Saved us....two great saves!
Pedro Porro - 7 - Worked hard, not a lot of help around him.
Romero - 7 - was playing well...but I heard picked up a hammy injury....shit
Davies - 5.5 - steady Eddy had a rough go...but did just enough in the end. Not one of his best....
Emerson Royal - 6.5 - Not bad, was ok
Sarr - 6 - Started really good...but faded REALLY fast....
Skipp - 5.5 - Just meh....not good, not bad...really doesn't do anything for us.
Johnson - 6 - started great, good assist for Richi...but faded, should have been sub'd.
Kulusevski - 7.5 - Great first half...pulled all the strings in the middle....was forced again outside by AP's change of tactics and went missing. I don't blame him.
Son - 6 - Just a lot of effort with no end product. Got a goal off a deflection so will give a bit of a bump for that. But largely wasteful all game.
Richarlison -6.5 - Good goal....then not a lot really...may have a knock...who knows.

Dier - 5.5 - Hell I don't know....right after he came on....large trucks could have driven through the holes on our D...reminded me of last few years of him starting.
Hojbjerg - 5.5 - just read the Dier line again....
Lo Celso - 8.5 - Great....took over in the middle and did his best Kulu/Madds impression again. Too bad Sonny did nothing to help him.

Ange - 7.5 - Will take the 3 points for sure....but his sub's and game management to me is still a question mark. I wish he would start trusting some youngsters to play some....But hey....fuck I don't know...3 points yay!
The Team - 7.5 - Stared like gangbusters like usual...then fell of a cliff for the rest of the game. Very troubling trend AP needs to address... Tough game...won ugly again...take it and run!!!!

My choice was Emerson, thought he was great at left back .

Vicario was good but he didn’t have that much to do , although he is so good he makes it seem simple .

Vicario - 8
Pedro Porro - 6
Romero - 6
Davies - 7
Emerson Royal - 8
Sarr - 7
Skipp - 6
Johnson - 6
Kulusevski - 7
Son - 6
Richarlison - 7

Dier - 7
Hojbjerg - 6
Lo Celso - 7

Ange - 8
The Team -7

On highlights alone I've chosen Vicario, who made some excellent saves and bossed the defence well. Sadly I couldn't watch the match so I will not be casting my ratings for this one, unless I manage to watch it in full tomorrow.

MotM - Vicario

Vicario - 8.5. Did everything asked of him. We wouldn't have won without him. No doubt.

Pedro Porro - 6.5. Mixed afternoon. Some unusually sloppy passing at times. He kept McNeil quiet in the first half but rarely got out of his own half in the second.

Romero - 8. Best outfield player. The defence lost its composure and ability to play out from the back once he left.

Davies - 4.5. The first half, in particular, was woeful. Repeatedly gave the ball away, allowed DCL a free header from which he should have scored, was pulled out of position and had zero understanding with Royal.

Emerson Royal - 7. Struggled with the inverted LB position early on. Didn't seem to know whether to stick or twist. He really grew into the game though and defended very well in the second half.

Sarr - 7. A tough afternoon for him and Skipp. They were outnumbered in midfield but never stopped chasing and tackling. He ran out of energy in the end.

Skipp - 6.5. Ditto Sarr without his touch on the ball. It was important for the team that he kept going for the 90 minutes.

Johnson - 6. Needs to man up. Started really brightly but lacked conviction thereafter. He seemed to shy away from the physical battle and game just got away from him.

Kulusevski - 6.5. Very impressive first half. A few of his trademark runs at the opposition and kept the ball well. His influence waned in the second half though and looked very fatigued.

Son - 6. A frustrating performance. Lot's of good runs with the ball but he either failed to look up, took on one too many opponents and lost possession or misplaced the pass. At least he added a goal although that looked like a scuffed shot.

Richarlison - 7. A lovely finish for the goal. His chasing and harrying, and competing for every ball, contributed to Everton not being able to get a foothold in the game in the first half. Faded in the second half, seemingly through another injury.

Subs

Dier - 6. A rusty performance, as you would expect.

Hojbjerg - 5.5. Nothing to report really. Did nothing wrong and did nothing of consequence.

Lo Celso - 7. Our best outfield player in the second half after he came on. Gave us the little control we had.

Ange - 5. Disappointed with his team selection and substitutes. This really was an opportunity to bring players like Phillips and Donley into the fold. If not now then when?

The Team - 6. Great first 30 minutes. A struggle for the next 60. Some wildly fluctuating individual performances.

Last edited:
Well I watched our game on Game of the Day last night, so can do ratings...
Venom MOM 100% though Romero came close for his time on the pitch, but must admit LoCelso gave em both a run for the money wiv his time on the pitch.

Venom - 9
Porro - 7
Romero - 8
Davies - 5
Royal - 7
Sarr - 7
Skippy - 6
Kulu - 7
Son - 6.5
Jonny - 6.5
Richy - 7

Subs