Most under rated TV cartoon | Vital Football

Most under rated TV cartoon

Archiepoptart

Vital 1st Team Regular
For me it's got to be Noah and Nelly. Possibly the most surreal kids programme on mainstream TV. Nelly could knit anything from a piggy bank to a 40 story block of flats. I even used to skive off college to watch the odd episode.
Rhubarb and Custard was nowhere near as good

I liked proper cartoons,

Dungeons & Dragons
Mysterious Cities of Gold
Thundercats.

And my personal favourite, Ulysses 31.

A lot of the Cartoon Network stuff of a load of years ago deserved far more commercial recognition. Ed, Edd and Eddy, Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo (launching the career of Seth MacFarlane) especially.

Not enough Teg ! My daughter sent me a link to a You tube clip and it got me thinking.
Danger Mouse, Duckula, both great kids cartoons (David Jason with a pseudo American accent was a bit weird). Some of the Oliver Postgate stuff like Ivor the Engine, crap but brilliant.
So much better than the anime stuff being churned out of Japan.
And you didn't have to catch them all

As a kid it was dangermouse all day. If the stuff I watch with my 5 year old son, I always enjoy Thomas the Tank Engine.

Family guy by a mile

Quagmire is genius - the episode that he discovered the internet was so funny - one forearm like popeye !!!

who else but Quagmire?

he's quagmire quagmire

you never really know what he's gonna do next

He's quagmire quagmire
GIGGITY GIGGITY GIGGITY GIGGITY

A - lets have sex!

What's that all about? I had to laugh when I saw it!

Family Guy best comedy on tele at the moment. Genius. Surreal at times.

How do they get away with it, esp in the USA? Saw it over in Maine a few years ago and it's on during the day there. Amazed the Churches/PC brigade haven't gone apeshit over it.

Underrated other than Family Guy, I'd go for Pingu. I could get away with watching it when my kids were small.

(For kids tele I loved Chuckle Brothers too but was "outed" as I carried on watching it when my kids didn't want to see it).

I think underrated is the key word here. Anything that was on in the 70s or 80s has always been rightly rated (or sometimes overrated - a while back I watched Deputy Dawg again out of nostalgic curiosity and was disappointed to realise that it was bloody awful).

I'm with Trev here - there was loads of good stuff on the Cartoon Network a few years ago that nobody noticed. My favourites were Cow & Chicken and I Am Weasel. They were glorious lunacy. My daughter was well into Spongebob and so was I, but I don't think he was ever really underrrated.

A lot of the Hannah Barbara stuff was very formulaic. Didn't stop me enjoying it at the time though. The boss cat was different but hardly under rated.
Noah and Nelly I doubt many people can remember it.
Father of the pride was a US cartoon that only lasted 1 season.It never found a settled time slot hence couldnt find an audience and died a death yet was very very good.
Futurama would have to be my favorite from today's offerings

I am of an age where we watched Tom and Jerry in black and white just before the 6 O'clock news. We were freaked out when we first saw them in colour. Tex Avery is the absolute Guv'nor of short animation for me. You can watch stuff on Youtube that's well over 50 years old and its still fresh and brilliant. Check out 'King Size Canary.' or 'Red Hot Riding Hood'

Totally agree. A Tex Avery cartoon is always worth watching.

Loved Cow and Chicken and I am Weasel from when my kids were little.

As a kid I loved Wacky Races and also Stop the Pigeon. Not sure how well they stand up now but Muttley was always a favourite character of mine.