Most Goals Involved in so Far | Vital Football

Most Goals Involved in so Far

wiganfanfrank

Vital Squad Member
Found this interesting on transfermarkt, players involved in goals, all competitions (goals + assists)

1. Will Grigg 22
2. Nick Powell 20
3. Michael Jacobs 17
4. Max Power 12
5. Lee Evans 11
6. Ivan Toney/ Gavin Massey 10

Evans would have been at 20 had he stayed.

Ivan Toney and Gavin Massey involved with ten goals a piece that will give some of our renowned pundits something to think about :hmm:

UTFT

Martinez1986 - 1/4/2018 12:02
Ivan Toney and Gavin Massey involved with ten goals a piece that will give some of our renowned pundits something to think about :hmm: ........

and yet ......

wiganfanfrank - 1/4/2018 08:22
........ players involved in goals, all competitions (goals + assists) ..........

Sorry ......had to be done.
:bash:
:157:

Has been mentioned before that assist stats can be a little misleading at times. In certain scenarios the stat does not take into consideration the build up to the actual goal.

I recall Sheyi Ojo getting an assist for Jason Pearce's goal away at Reading (2015).... the ball bouncing off the top of his hair into the path of Jason Pearce. Through gritted teeth the useless Leon Clarke deserved to get some credit at the time.

Chey Dunkley must deserve a mention. He definitely offers something in an around the box during corners. Like John Egan, he has appears to have a knack for being in and around the ball whenever Wigan have a corner. 6 goals (7 if the own goal is counted) this season so far.
(Looked liked he had lead in his boots during the first half against Oldham mind you)

Slightly O/T but Gavin Massey looks to have been a Roberto / Chairman (we watched some Wyscout videos in Spain) signing based on the comments from pre season and a recent Daily Mail article. Can he and the coaching staff progress his game further ?

From my limited viewings this season and obviously in the opinion of our Manager I disagree with most of the Massey baters on here. I think he works very hard just lacks a bit of luck.

Oscarbon - 1/4/2018 16:21

From my limited viewings this season and obviously in the opinion of our Manager I disagree with most of the Massey baters on here. I think he works very hard just lacks a bit of luck.

Which just goes to show how a limited viewing can deceive.

Oscarbon - 1/4/2018 16:21

From my limited viewings

Sadly messers Sharpe and Martinez also had limited viewings of him and ballsed up by signing him on the back of a few you tube clips.

I understand the calls for Colclough to play, but the knocking of Massey is a bit shitty. He has been a part of a successful campaign, put in a ton of effort and some excellent performances. Cook wouldn't pick him otherwise

truelatic4eva - 1/4/2018 15:35

Stats mean f**k all,here's one to prove it,

.Wigan Athletic have never been beaten by Real Madrid .

Not many can say that apart from 88 other clubs int league

truelatic4eva - 1/4/2018 15:35

Stats mean f**k all,here's one to prove it,

.Wigan Athletic have never been beaten by Real Madrid .

I am really glad that you shared this comment on the board!

colclough blows hot and cold and to me looks very weak Massey works hard but both not good enough for next season if we go up

truelatic4eva - 1/4/2018 21:16

Cheers Frank,here's another stat, Wigan Athletic won 2-0 away at Goole Town back in 1971.

Cheers truelatic4eva, here's another stat, Wigan Athletic won 1-0 home against Plymouth back in Sept 2017. attendance 7868 plus 1.

walgarthjohn - 1/4/2018 21:30

Been part of a winning team for most of the season so cook rates him thatwill do for me

Yes John but there are those on here who know better than Cook.

I wonder sometimes if the manager goes to fewer games than me. Or maybe he is watching a different game to some.