More top players may want to leave Spurs, says boss Mauricio Pochettino | Vital Football

More top players may want to leave Spurs, says boss Mauricio Pochettino

Taricco the yid

Vital Champions League
I saw people going on about pochs pre game comments and had no clue what they were banging on about so looked it up and saw this.

"It's human nature the players always want to improve and have different challenges and ideas," said Pochettino.

"Maybe some players are not agreed in this plan and this strategy and of course they are right to complain, to talk and in the end to want to move or have another challenge for different reasons.

"The most important thing is to talk, to design the plan for everyone and then be happy everyone because life is about enjoying and being happy."

Seems like we may have a few players not wanting to stick to the long term plan. The top players imo dont care about a plan and just want success and money now.

Im sure a few had their heads turned in the summer and know they can move easily. On top of that we are messing around players like toby with his contract as im sure levy doesnt want to pay the going rate for a top CB.

Poch is a great manager, but I said before the publication that the book would be his downfall.

These are not the right comments to make and with his attitude of "kick up a stink and you get a free pass to leave" I'm afraid we would see more players disappear until the end of the season.

This presser, along with the one he criticized Levy, tell me he would be gone in the summer.

Just a thought maybe mopo needs to say less for a while and get the players to do the talkin on the pitch. The amount of ‘love’ he gave to city and pep before the match was humiliating and defeatist mentality is wrong and needs to change. Also now if we had a chance of getting bale back even with alli goin the other way I’d go for it dele hasn’t been anywhere as effective as last year

If I were Levy I would impose a no selling approach this summer( in regards to our top players). Pick 1 player you want to sell, but the rest will remain no matter what, and let them know that if they don't perform they'll train alone and postpone their departure by another season.

We've got to face reality here folks, unless the owners sell this team will never win a thing. I'm no Levy hater but that's exactly where we are folks. It's unimaginable that a team this good could actually go without winning some silverware but can anybody honestly see anything different?

Pollo - 17/12/2017 10:09

If I were Levy I would impose a no selling approach this summer( in regards to our top players). Pick 1 player you want to sell, but the rest will remain no matter what, and let them know that if they don't perform they'll train alone and postpone their departure by another season.
We're a selling club... nothing has changed.

Wining trophies brings belief at this moment what do the spurs players have to believing in some project/ philosophy that produces nothing tangible. MP has been in charge 3 and half seasons at this moment in time his best achievement is 86pts which is very good but wasn't good enough to win anything and it looks like it won't be good enough this season. If players don't believe MP can help them win trophies and they can get more money else where and have a chance of wining trophies, why should they stay? especially has footballers have 15-20 year period to set themselves up for life.

Palmover - 17/12/2017 12:18

Wining trophies brings belief at this moment what do the spurs players have to believing in some project/ philosophy that produces nothing tangible. MP has been in charge 3 and half seasons at this moment in time his best achievement is 86pts which is very good but wasn't good enough to win anything and it looks like it won't be good enough this season. If players don't believe MP can help them win trophies and they can get more money else where and have a chance of wining trophies, why should they stay? especially has footballers have 15-20 year period to set themselves up for life.

The prize for 86 points was CL which is financially rewarding and allows players to reach the top level.

I've been saying for weeks I'd like to see the back of that chav Ali, the sooner the better.

winning any trophy doesnt just depend on being the best. its a question of luck hugely too.... with injuries, suspensions, chemistry of players, confidence and off-field issues and circumstances.

theres was/is no guarantee that an extravagant 'loadsamoney' approach would have brought better results.

and getting into a transfer-season arms-race with other far wealthier clubs, would only leave this club the worse for it, it would just up the price even further of every Tom Dick or Jamaal with a pair of football-boots and tattoos.

Nick Real Deal - 17/12/2017 18:09

The prize for 86 points was CL which is financially rewarding and allows players to reach the top level.

Well from the summer signings we made I would say the CL made no difference.

Players reaching a top level? We have done well in the CL group stages but have dropped off massively in the league.

We still don't pay our best players the going rate.

When analysed the cl over all has not helped us much. It's made us some money but lets be honest it hasn't moved us forward as a club. We have gone backwards.

Very recently we were being lauded as being league contenders and exciting and having a good coach etc.

The tide could easily turn again in our favour. It's too early to write us off .

All clubs go through phases like this, even the bigger spenders. At the moment City are on the crest of a wave, it won't last forever.

If Poch thinks players are downing tools he will freeze them out. He will know. He also has sent a message that he accepts that players will move on .

Nick Real Deal - 17/12/2017 20:36

Very recently we were being lauded as being league contenders and exciting and having a good coach etc.

The tide could easily turn again in our favour. It's too early to write us off .

All clubs go through phases like this, even the bigger spenders. At the moment City are on the crest of a wave, it won't last forever.

If Poch thinks players are downing tools he will freeze them out. He will know. He also has sent a message that he accepts that players will move on .

''All clubs go through phases like this, even the bigger spenders ''

The scum have spent one season out the CL in about the last 275 lol

We have been in it 3 times in the same period.

Platitudes piss me off , always have done, always will do.

Real Deal - 17/12/2017 19:57

Nick Real Deal - 17/12/2017 18:09

Well from the summer signings we made I would say the CL made no difference.

Players reaching a top level? We have done well in the CL group stages but have dropped off massively in the league.

We still don't pay our best players the going rate.

When analysed the cl over all has not helped us much. It's made us some money but lets be honest it hasn't moved us forward as a club. We have gone backwards.

[/QUOTE

I the three years we have been in the CL which signings do you think have been achieved because of it?

VDV?

I believe the others would have come any way

Pollo - 18/12/2017 09:27

Davinson Sanchez is the only other.

Maybe, I still think he would have signed if we met the transfer figure - it’s a step up from the Dutch league.

But for arguments sake - that’s 2 players.

Not a massive success

Big Chiv - 17/12/2017 20:51

The big clubs still win trophies. United won two last season even by playing poorly in the league.

Real Deal - 18/12/2017 12:44

Big Chiv - 17/12/2017 20:51

The big clubs still win trophies. United won two last season even by playing poorly in the league.

Jose is not an idiot. He knew early on that utd didnt have what it took to win the league so he prioritised the europa league. 2 trophies and CL football because of it. It was a risk for him but it paid off.

We are not as big as the Mancs etc. We don't have the calibre of coach either so no surprise we are chasing them. We don't pay the transfers or wages or contracts on managers they do