More Player Waffle | Vital Football

More Player Waffle

The Owl

Vital 1st Team Regular
Now the local rag is trotting out Williamson:

But Williamson told the Chronicle: “All I can say is that we’re equally, if not, more disappointed than them. We’re frustrated. We want to get back on the training pitch and put it right.”
“We have fantastic players. We struggled, but Everton are a fantastic team with a fantastic manager. They are still unbeaten, which says a lot.”
“I am sure he will pick the 11 players and bench that will be suitable for Cardiff.
“Most of the lads just let their football do the talking.”

How many times have we heard about getting it right on the training ground.
We have fantastic players - do we?
Most of the lads let their football do the talking, no most talk about it and if their football is doing the talking then we've had it.
The Manager will pick the team that will be suitable for Cardiff, really how surprising. Absolute bullshit.

Colo and Mbiwa resembled a married couple giving each other the silent treatment after a row, Never thought I would be so relieved to see Williamson come on. He calmed everything down with just simple defending, i.e. facing up to Lukaka as oppose to running away from him.

Blah blah we're very orry blah de blah, we're really disappointed, even moreso than the fans, blah blah, we're determined to put it right, blah blah blah, we'll be back on that training pitch at 10am! blah blah blah.

Do they have a standard template speech on a sheet of A4, and they just pick whoever's turn it is that week?

Think you have a point Plats, seems like a pre planned book of excuses and someone new gets to spout it off after each shit performance and result

And Pards chips in with 'we can still finish top ten.....so friggin predictable