More money spent on welfare than education! | Vital Football

More money spent on welfare than education!

thefacehead

Vital Football Hero
"New statements to show how your tax money was spent
Some 24m people will receive a tax statement in October detailing how their taxes were spent during the year"

Read the full article -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/tax/10742723/New-statements-to-show-how-your-tax-money-was-spent.html

Welfare includes more than just ESA income support/ESA NI contributions based. It also includes housing benefit (many get who work as a top up) council tax, job seekers, DLA/PIPS, which is not means tested and you can get whilst working. Carers, bereavement allowance, child benefit, working tax credit, child tax credits, maternity leave, various other which includes premiums.

Put this up cos some will scream without having the full facts. There is a pie chart of this in a forum post of the whole welfare break down. I will find it later and link it here

kefkat - 4/4/2014 01:39

Welfare includes more than just ESA income support/ESA NI contributions based. It also includes housing benefit (many get who work as a top up) council tax, job seekers, DLA/PIPS, which is not means tested and you can get whilst working. Carers, bereavement allowance, child benefit, working tax credit, child tax credits, maternity leave, various other which includes premiums.

Put this up cos some will scream without having the full facts. There is a pie chart of this in a forum post of the whole welfare break down. I will find it later and link it here

Fair comments, I take your point on the breakdowns. It's still a huge amount, I would have put money on the highest proportion being spent on health.

No, I was just putting up Kefkat's doo dah, I've not got the energy to look at this debate today, will worry about how unfair life is another day! My tax is wasted, always will be, just the way it is!

The Fear - 4/4/2014 10:54

No, I was just putting up Kefkat's doo dah, I've not got the energy to look at this debate today, will worry about how unfair life is another day! My tax is wasted, always will be, just the way it is!

I don't want you wearing yourself out mate, have a lie down and save your energy for the backlash at 5 pm tomorrow :10:

Too many spongers now in this country - too many with no work ethic.

Happy to take handouts, the rest of us suffer as a result.

Agree with ASPINALL - Its a shame because if you look in many urban areas across the country its crying out for new young businesses to open up.

Why don't you look at the welfare pie chart properly eh? JF has put the pie chart up of it? What you are insinuating is that people that work are also spongers because amongst that welfare bill is housing benefit, council tax benefit, child benefit, working tax credit, child tax credits, dla/pips (which you can get all of and work) carer's, attendance allowance, bereavement allowances (payable to those working also) + others

Why do people always think that welfare is only paid to those out of work. Welfare is paid to alot more in work than out of work.

Why more is spent on welfare for in and out of work is that the numbers will be higher than the amount in education.

You actually look at the pie chart properly there is more paid to people in work with subsidies than those out of work. Everyone gets child benefit except those on over £50k plus a year for example.

Bangs head against the Villa wall at the ignorance on these matters right across the board

Its still handouts no matter how you polish it up. Does the taxpayer listed in the telegraph care which part of her annual £1000+ tax bill goes to top ups, housing or whatever? Lets break it down again;

Her taxable income over the year was £23k, she takes home £18.5K...So over the year she spends £4.5k on tax which was broke down as follows;(please note this does not include what she has to pay in local council tax)

Highest is "welfare just over £1000"
Health £800
Pensions £600
Education £600
Nat debt interest £300
Defence £200
Criminal Justice £200
Culture - sports, libraries, museums, arts etc "only" £94(which is a shame as this is now in decline)
Environment £80
Housing £70
Industry £70
EU £40
Aid overseas £25

So breaking it down you can see "why" the Tories want to cut welfare and look at privatising the NHS - it is just becoming too costly.

As for child benefit - it should be scrapped. People shouldnt be relying on the state to bring up children. We have teenage single mothers popping out kids left, right and centre and these very kids are smashing up council estates etc..If these mothers didnt get the handouts, they would think twice before getting pregnant - in fact if the education system was better they would even take getting pregnant more seriously. But the door has been opened, in what was once a day where if a girl got pregnant and she wasnt in a stable relationship, her parents very likely chipped in and supported her - to an age now, where most these parents are in an unfit state themselves to offer that support.

:83: :83: :83: Are you winding up GT or for real? I can not believe anyone can be this cynical.

It's all hand outs then, including monies for the arts you think is a shame it declining. Or are you more interested in arts than people?.

You clearly think people who are ill or out of work etc. should starve and get nothing then.

I

Green Tea - 5/4/2014 11:09

Its still handouts no matter how you polish it up.

While you argue the minuscule, the real problems escape attention

you can see "why" the Tories want to cut welfare and look at privatising the NHS - it is just becoming too costly.

I can see, can you? You are fed rubbish to concentrate on and you oblige! It's all big business, the "health" system is a con, does anyone here think for a moment that the health service is there to cure you? It treats symptoms, it does not cure, if you cure you have no return sales, their job is to keep you on meds for life.

As for child benefit - it should be scrapped. People shouldnt be relying on the state to bring up children. We have teenage single mothers popping out kids left, right and centre and these very kids are smashing up council estates etc..

Scrapping I disagree with, I do however agree that benefits should be means tested, we also have upper class single/married women churning out public school boys and girls who end up in banking or government jobs and are responsible for screwing every one of us, and destroying more than just a council estate wall, at least you can wash graffiti off, but keep on focusing on the poor like the daily mail tells you to.

If these mothers didnt get the handouts, they would think twice before getting pregnant

Do the young think about the possible consequences when turned on? Do they think "oh it's okay to have unprotected sex, I can get benefits" do you really believe that? Have you forgotten what it's like to experience pure lust? Even when sober the hormones take over, but alcohol is now freely available and affordable, this does lead to lowering of inhibitions and more sex.

But the door has been opened, in what was once a day where if a girl got pregnant and she wasnt in a stable relationship, her parents very likely chipped in and supported her - to an age now, where most these parents are in an unfit state themselves to offer that support.

LMFAO! Seriously? If a girl got pregnant and wasn't married, she was forced to abort, shoved into a workhouse or the mother was hidden away until birth and the child was then taken into care, it was a shame on the family and many young mothers ended up locked away in asylums, get your facts right.

Why? Why are parents unable to offer support? Could it be that the vast majority are paid so little and taxed so much? Could it be that your government have forced you into debt?

Like most you seem to only see the surface, you accept what is fed to you, stop looking at the surface and the supplied problems, look at the real reasons behind our problems.

People get into trouble, they make mistakes, does this mean they are a lost cause? Should we not be there for each other? It really is us v them, we can't compete money wise, but we can exhibit an advanced mentality, we can stand together, and when you fall you should be surrounded by hands eager to help you back to your feet.

I understand you worship a vengeful god, eye for an eye and all that, personally I believe in help and support, if you can help someone you should, if you can change someone's life for the better, why wouldn't you? I believe in the power of love, try it some time.

I think the arts are very important - it helps children grow up to be creative, with active minds, gaining self confidence.

Yet the sad thing is that drama and music is all but gone from schools.. The money isnt there any more and the children are missing out. The arts are dying and all that goes with it dies too.

Its our duty to build creative minds for the future - young people with plenty of self confidence to thrive and get on in life. We do this and the future then starts to look a lot brighter. You reap what you sow!

No people shouldnt starve!!!! But welfare should come in the form of a plastic card(like a credit card) and can(IN SOME CASES) only be used on certain things. You seen benefits street yourself and people are buying drugs, cigarettes, not looking after their own well being with tax payers money. No progress is being made its just a stale situation.

If you look at store loyalty cards - this is just a simple set up by major supermarkets where they know exactly what you are buying and you gain points and vouchers to spend for your loyalty. A computer data base with all the customers listed and their addresses and they can pin point exactly what you eat and drink. And If a supermarket can do such a system to all their customers across the country - why cant the government implement a similar type system for welfare? Why dish out cash - that gets wasted on drugs and drink?

With such cards there would be no poverty as food, housing etc can be under more control. Attending courses to get people back into work could also be monitored by the card. Limits can be set(if needed) on what the person buys in regards drink and cigarettes.

Yet at present - How much welfare money is getting into the hands of drug dealers? How much is being wasted on alcoholics? Are the alcoholics getting any help? Does the government even know who are spending money on huge amounts of booze/drugs? With cards they can monitor what and where the money is being spent and they can help people get back into work and on track.

Black & White G.T is your statements.

To address a few points. The majority of alcoholics are in work. You have no understanding of what alcoholism is. The majority have their park benches behind lace curtains. You see a few on the streets and think they are all like that. rubbish.

Actually GT I know how much help there is been given to people with alcohol/addiction issues. It is NOT a flipin choice of life.

As for those wasting their money as you put it, and should have cards, can you tell me how they pay other bills other than shopping with cards. The majority of people don't start lives on benefits and have worked and for whatever reason are not able too.

Thank God my God isn't a vengeful God: My God whom is personal to me does not do judging and cynicism.

We may come under the same branch of faith GT however I don't subscribe to the God you do.

kefkat - 5/4/2014 15:11

We may come under the same branch of faith GT however I don't subscribe to the God you do.

Any need for that?

Black & White G.T is your statements.

To address a few points. The majority of alcoholics are in work. You have no understanding of what alcoholism is. The majority have their park benches behind lace curtains. You see a few on the streets and think they are all like that. rubbish.

1. Where in my post did I say that I think ALL alcoholics are job less?
2. Where in my post did say ALL alcoholics have par benches(did I mention park benches?)
3. How on Earth do you know anything about whether I have knowledge of alcoholism or not?

I hope that "addresses" those points...

Actually GT I know how much help there is been given to people with alcohol/addiction issues. It is NOT a flipin choice of life.

Once again, where in my post did I say "its a choice of life"?

As for those wasting their money as you put it, and should have cards, can you tell me how they pay other bills other than shopping with cards. The majority of people don't start lives on benefits and have worked and for whatever reason are not able too.

Actually(when talking of "those" wasting welfare on drugs which I referred to in my post) they are not wasting "their" money are they? They are wasting welfare that is funded by the tax paying public. If we had cards it would stop this. And yes sorting funds on the cards to pay household bills could also be arranged.

As for most people worked before going on benefits - and your point please?

Thank God my God isn't a vengeful God: My God whom is personal to me does not do judging and cynicism.

All this part of your post is totally unnecessary to the subject matter. We have religion threads elsewhere.(and by the way - it is FULL of "judgement")

:14: