MON in | Vital Football

MON in

There was a programme on this last week or so, school swap. And it was actually my old school :D

I was last there (at shool) early 80's.

OMG! It was still like the 80's! people didnt even know what a muslim was lmao

In a funny way it reminded me of MON

I didn’t think he knew how to make them play well. Now I’ve seen that he can, I happy for them to stay... if they play like that every day

If they play like that regularly, no one will be complaining and we (I at least) will be ok with mixed results as long as the entertainment value is there.
If he reverts to type and drops Carvalho / employs hoofball then I will be calling for his head again.

In my opinion MON has to now prove he understands how this side works and that it was not just a lucky, last desperate shuffle of the pack.

what if he's tailoring the tactics to suit the opposition and he's only got it right 1/17?

oh god now i' not sure
You could argue that he has done that in a number of games and it worked pretty well against Derby, West Brom & Preston and was unlucky not to win all three, although it wasn't pretty to watch!

Don't forget Karanka had a very slow start. His first 17 games brought 17 points. Also some of his early games were dire. Yet when he left this season he was doing a good job and had us in 7th place.

MON has had 17 games far and the team has gained 21 points (plus he was desperately unlucky at WBA, Preston, Ipswich). Next season he will be on a similar upward path.

Breaking news....

Attachments

• 6CF25976-2A45-49C1-A0FB-501EF4130660.jpeg
    6CF25976-2A45-49C1-A0FB-501EF4130660.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 20
Don't forget Karanka had a very slow start. His first 17 games brought 17 points. Also some of his early games were dire. Yet when he left this season he was doing a good job and had us in 7th place.

MON has had 17 games far and the team has gained 21 points (plus he was desperately unlucky at WBA, Preston, Ipswich). Next season he will be on a similar upward path.
When AK took over we were fighting relegation with a shit squad. When MoN took over we were fighting for promotion with a much better squad.

No comparison really. AK took us up the league, MoN has taken us back down.

When AK took over we were fighting relegation with a shit squad. When MoN took over we were fighting for promotion with a much better squad.

No comparison really. AK took us up the league, MoN has taken us back down.
We weren't fighting relegation when Karanka took over.

We were about 9th and in a bit of a slump of form. Squad has done fine until the key goalscorers all lost their form in mid November.

We weren't fighting for promotion when MON took over. We were 9th- about where we were the year before. The Millwall away game I believe put us 5 points away from the playoffs having played more games

Martin is a winner, both as a player and manager.

Won the European Cup twice, the League Championship, and two League Cups under Cloughie and Pete.

As a manager, he learned the ropes of football management in non-league (which Cloughie always advised) with Grantham, and then at Wycombe, where he took the club to the football league for the first time ever, and went on to win more promotions with The Chairboys.

He won promotion to the Premier League with Leicester City, and led the unfancied Foxes to three League Cup finals, winning two, and qualifying for Europe. As well as three top-ten finishes in the top-flight.

Very successful in Scotland when Rangers were also competitive. Won the treble in his first season. He reached the Champions League group stage (beating Juventus) with Celtic and was narrowly defeated in the UEFA Cup final too (knocking out Liverpool on the way) by a Jose Mourinho side.

Finished top-six with Villa in three consecutive seasons.

Didn't work out at Sunderland, but where are they now? Eh?

Martin O'Neill - a top class football manager.

oneill.jpg

GD976574.jpg