MoM Vs Villa | Page 2 | Vital Football

MoM Vs Villa

Just seen Hoj is 2nd most dribbled past player in Europe.

As he has 3rd most tackles in the league is this down to the system exposing him or lack of ability?
It would be interesting to see if the stats remained constant over the season. It's seems more likely that in the first half of the season, when Jose had every man behind the ball, he was far less exposed. So he was probably dribbled past far less, but tackled the same.

To answer your question I suspect he was shielded in Jose's preferred system and exposed once he dropped it and when Mason continued with a far more open approach.

Last edited:
I just don't see what Hojbjerg is! We all thought we were getting a DM with a great reputation for winning the ball in 1v1's. What we have ended up with is a weird type of box-to-box midfielder who consistently finds himself too far from where the action is.

The guy has the right attitude off the pitch but he really needs a good coach to come in a sort out what he is good at and what he isnt.

It would be interesting to see if the stats remained constant over the season. It's seems more likely that in the first half of the season, when Jose had every man behind the ball, he was far less exposed. So he was probably dribbled past far less, but tackled the same.

To answer your question I suspect he was shielded in Jose's preferred system and exposed once he dropped it and Mason continued with a far more open approach.

This is across a whole season so don't think you can blame it on Mason's 4 matches lol

I just don't see what Hojbjerg is! We all thought we were getting a DM with a great reputation for winning the ball in 1v1's. What we have ended up with is a weird type of box-to-box midfielder who consistently finds himself too far from where the action is.

The guy has the right attitude off the pitch but he really needs a good coach to come in a sort out what he is good at and what he isnt.

It's a weird combination to be easily dribbled past but good at tackling. The former is the last thing you'd want from a DM and the latter a good thing to have in your locker.

I'm with Ex, he's immobile.

I have said since the beginning. He is a honest pro but not very good. He is easily beaten by anyone with pace and good movement. He has popped up with some solid displays but only a handful. I take a lot of flack for my dislike of him but for me he is a very average cm . We would have been better of getting Ward prowse

I was really impressed by him at the start of the season as a DM. But then as the season progressed he become more like he wanted to be a CB (either by choice or manager's design) and in the last few months he's being headless running around all over the pitch not really being that effective anywhere consistently.
The new manager really has their work cut out getting the team to have any resemble of organisation or structure.

I honestly think he is a natural DM, but suggestions/coaching saying he is something else have well fcuked him up, simple as that.