MoM Vs Villa | Vital Football

MoM Vs Villa

Not having that. Their selfishness at sitting back was one of the big root causes for how the game played out. Toby should know better, making everyone compromise their game to protect his weaknesses.

I meant they worked bloody hard in throwing their bodies on the line, but I agree with what you say as well.

The main reason they played like that though was because Hojbjerg thinks he's some kind of roaming, deep-lying playmaker who doesn't have to guard the defence and Winks spent most of the game hiding or getting sucked in to covering for Hojbjerg who was too far forward and casually jogging back into position.

I like Hojbjerg as a guy but he has been an abysmal player for us in 2021.

I meant they worked bloody hard in throwing their bodies on the line, but I agree with what you say as well.

The main reason they played like that though was because Hojbjerg thinks he's some kind of roaming, deep-lying playmaker who doesn't have to guard the defence and Winks spent most of the game hiding or getting sucked in to covering for Hojbjerg who was too far forward and casually jogging back into position.

I like Hojbjerg as a guy but he has been an abysmal player for us in 2021.

But I do think Hojbjerg takes a lot of flak on Toby's behalf. Toby is the old, experienced head that should be pushing Hojbjerg up and getting the defence up with him. Probably tells us what I've always suspected, that it was Vertonghen who was the true leader in the back four. Toby just does his job,

Unfortunately, what tonight also showed was how flat Hojbjerg and Winks are as a pair. Winks should be a schemer, always close to where the ball is all over the pitch. Instead he's now had too many years sitting and never taking a chance.

The entire thing was totally depressing tonight.

But I do think Hojbjerg takes a lot of flak on Toby's behalf. Toby is the old, experienced head that should be pushing Hojbjerg up and getting the defence up with him. Probably tells us what I've always suspected, that it was Vertonghen who was the true leader in the back four. Toby just does his job,

Unfortunately, what tonight also showed was how flat Hojbjerg and Winks are as a pair. Winks should be a schemer, always close to where the ball is all over the pitch. Instead he's now had too many years sitting and never taking a chance.

The entire thing was totally depressing tonight.

The only scheming Winks does is thinking about how he gets Mason to start him.

Dele edges it from Tanga. And these are the only two I would even consider.

Technically it wasn't a good performance at all from Dele but he worked tirelessly to the very end. And never hid. Right now he is one of the very few who plays like he even cares about the club. Going forward we need players with this attitude.

If I was to even think of a man of the match , which I wasn’t , it would have to go to Dele .
At least he tried . He got on the ball , if his passes were poor it was because nobody was running into space for him .
I used to coach under elevens years ago .
I made them “ walk “ a game . It exposed the weakness of the man with the ball if nobody moved into space for him to pass to .

So Dele , who wanted the ball, worked for it , tracked back for it , and won it .... is my MoM

If I was to even think of a man of the match , which I wasn’t , it would have to go to Dele .
At least he tried . He got on the ball , if his passes were poor it was because nobody was running into space for him .
I used to coach under elevens years ago .
I made them “ walk “ a game . It exposed the weakness of the man with the ball if nobody moved into space for him to pass to .

So Dele , who wanted the ball, worked for it , tracked back for it , and won it .... is my MoM

For much of the match, he looked like the only one trying. Bergwin was MOM for me - he never gave up, and if he'd got a slightly better service and some support from Harry, he may have been the hero of the night.

surprised Bergwijn has only had one mention. Showed great desire for his goal, needed a little more composure in the box on a couple of other occasions but considering he's probably pretty rusty it was a solid showing. I understand why we subbed him with where the game was but I think it was a mistake considering the energy he was showing.

Other than that Dier's stats backed up what some have said, he was probably best of a bad bunch.
I'm not saying either had good games but they're probably the only two who I'd be confident in saying weren't below a 5 out of 10.

Dele's workrate was decent as ever, but he's on the pitch to create chances and he created very little. Kane was anonymous bar that one near post shot, Son's form has fallen off a cliff, Winks and Hoj were terrible in equal measure. Tanganga's crossing was poor. Reggie woulda been more use to us if he was literally wearing a Villa shirt. Toby was abject.

What more can be added to that calamity of a game last night player wise.

MOM....mmmmm! yes Bergs n Tanganga, plenty of effort shown by them and then Dele who to me, "at times was thinking what now nobody is moving so why should I" ah well keep trying.