Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bergwijn

• Sissoko

• Total voters
Mom has to be Lucas Moura .
He was in their faces the whole game and was a complete nightmare for them ,
Transition from defence was brilliant , position at defending corners spot on , direct running at the defence when we were attacking . Wow ,brilliant .
VInnie didn’t do himself any harm either , almost a proper old fashion centre forward . Bringing the ball down with his back to goal and laying it off . Constant threat with his runs Creating space . Exciting .

Mom has to be Lucas Moura .
He was in their faces the whole game and was a complete nightmare for them ,
Transition from defence was brilliant , position at defending corners spot on , direct running at the defence when we were attacking . Wow ,brilliant .
VInnie didn’t do himself any harm either , almost a proper old fashion centre forward . Bringing the ball down with his back to goal and laying it off . Constant threat with his runs Creating space . Exciting .

Sid put in a shift but I cannot see how often he brought the ball under control and laid it off I really could not see that Walt....his touch and control when he tried to recieve the ball is not honed and he does not win much in the air either. Little Moura wins more....Hopefully he will grow into something I personally cannot see yet..but I have doubts...he cares and treis hard and that is commendable in our 'iffy' sqaud but I do not see any true signs of real class emerging.

Sid put in a shift but I cannot see how often he brought the ball under control and laid it off I really could not see that Walt....his touch and control when he tried to recieve the ball is not honed and he does not win much in the air either. Little Moura wins more....Hopefully he will grow into something I personally cannot see yet..but I have doubts...he cares and treis hard and that is commendable in our 'iffy' sqaud but I do not see any true signs of real class emerging.
Greavsie thats your opinion, fair enough, ok some of his control was iffy, but could that be down to rustiness, I am with Walt here, but I will add generally he was a pain in the arse for their CB pairing, thus making gaps for others.
My one real gripe about yesterdays game was... Why not put crosses into the box when we had the chances to? esp with Sid and Harry both in there.

Strange isn’t it that we see a different game . I’m not saying he is in Martin Chivers standard yet . But it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.
He definitely made their lives a misery , never stopped making runs and brought a lot of players in .
Don’t worry about disagreeing with me , there is somebody else on here that certainly does .... ha ha .

Strange isn’t it that we see a different game . I’m not saying he is in Martin Chivers standard yet . But it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.
He definitely made their lives a misery , never stopped making runs and brought a lot of players in .
Don’t worry about disagreeing with me , there is somebody else on here that certainly does .... ha ha .

I love a good debate mate... and if everyone joins in...a mass debate ha ha

Our continuing issue is Sanchez who goes to ground too easily and all four as a makeshift four were often too deep and no one was pushing them out which is why we vacated the midfield for much of the first half - if that back 4 continues, someone has to take that responsibility and leadership in defense.
It'll take some time for them all to gel but the signs are good. They looked like they'd been playing together for years. With experience comes leadership. Let them find their feet first & the rest will follow.

Our continuing issue is Sanchez who goes to ground too easily and all four as a makeshift four were often too deep and no one was pushing them out which is why we vacated the midfield for much of the first half - if that back 4 continues, someone has to take that responsibility and leadership in defense.
Surely that is the one area where Hugo can use his experience and Captain prowess . The ground is quiet enough for his voice to be heard easily .

Surely that is the one area where Hugo can use his experience and Captain prowess . The ground is quiet enough for his voice to be heard easily .

Part of it is experience, part confidence, but unless you want to spend your life playing at the edge of your area, you have to have one player who dictates the movement - you never ever see it now and frankly Lloris is far too passive in his role and doesn't command his box forcefully.

It is the root cause of why we drop so deep and have done for most of the season, what disappoints me the most is that it's a coaching/training issue and really should have been resolved or embedded into them along time ago.

until that changes, defenders will defend with our forward purpose and so our Defensive midfield becomes, again yesterday, for much of the match an auxiliary to the back 4, which vacates the midfield and leave sour midfield to be easily outnumbered - so that when you have to ha ve hoof out ball, sometimes it will work, but mostly against the better teams it won't.

What disappoints more than anything I once sat in a session with Ledlet at St.Georges and he was explaining why the tactical set-up had to be 'trained in' to your defense and they had to work together with one leader.

It disappoints me because these deficiencies must be staring him in his face at every training session, yet we still can't seemingly sort it out.

We defended well, but if you want to play off teh front foot, you have to push up and you have to close the space and include your midfield - we really only did that in the last 25 minutes, when we felt brave enough - so as I said it was, our confidence has been smashed and undermined and a good coach will put that right as it's such an obvious failing!

So true for me regards the last 25mins Ex, you could see the, we felt brave, your words, confidence oozing back, lets just hope JM doesn't try to knock it out of them again!

He was a real menace for their CB pairing last night. His strength & movement caused them all sorts of problems. He was always available & linked well with both Lucas & Harry. It was a great performance.
Few all seem to forget the blind alleys we have been down with back up centre forwards in recent years. Think of Jansen and Sold-a-dud. Neither could score for the life of them. Vinnie regularly finds the net. Even for a tap in he has to be in the right place at the right time. He truly deserves a better chance to fully prove himself. I think there is a good player in there.

Few all seem to forget the blind alleys we have been down with back up centre forwards in recent years. Think of Jansen and Sold-a-dud. Neither could score for the life of them. Vinnie regularly finds the net. Even for a tap in he has to be in the right place at the right time. He truly deserves a better chance to fully prove himself. I think there is a good player in there.
He really hasn't put a foot wrong. If given a good run in the side it would only boost his confidence further. He looks a pretty good fit to me. Keeping him would be a huge boost for the team.

has there been a more 1 sided motm in recent times?

Well done Lucas, and begrudging credit to Jose who seems to have found a decent position for his tenacity and first couple yards of pace to come to the fore.