MK gone | Page 9 | Vital Football

MK gone

Also quite telling that the vast majority of comments across forums and social media are along the same lines. There wasn't a massive clamber to get rid of MK immediately but the decision has been made just before the fanbase started turning properly.
I think you’re spot on re that last point. I’ve not been a fan of Kennedy since the draw-fest of last season, and personally really pleased and relieved he’s gone, yet I’m amazed that our attendances have stayed relatively high and the support hasn’t really turned to a “Kennedy out” campaign. It’s testament to the supporters who do turn out week in week out watching turgid rubbish, and the board have been proactive rather than reactive to sort it out before the fans turn. I’ll admit I’d turned off already on parting with tenners on iFollow, which wouldn’t hardly have been noticed, but when the stadium fans don’t turn up that’s a different story. I absolutely commend the board for acting swiftly to proactively change something. We’ve got one of our best squads assembled in years and expectations are quite rightly high; perhaps it’s that pressure that got to Kennedy to make sure we don’t lose at all costs rather than going out to win games.

This made me smile, from a general football forum with no knowledge of the Imps

“Having watched Mark Kennedy play for several years he strikes me as an unlikely manager. He couldn't be arsed to motivate himself most of the time, let alone anyone else.”

A really important point that has come out of all this for me is that the board are clearly not happy with us just retaining our place in this division, or even being a mid table side.

They want us to be a Championship club.

A really important point that has come out of all this for me is that the board are clearly not happy with us just retaining our place in this division, or even being a mid table side.

They want us to be a Championship club.
I think it was also to avoid the risk of relegation - we were dropping

Not going to lie, my interest is piqued by the 'what happened on Friday' rumour still. Not pretending to be uninterested in idle gossip..!

Hi Rasen - very much idle gossip and with the usual caveat that this is effectively just the online equivalent of what some bloke in the pub said but……big bust up at the training ground on Friday as a culmination of issues that have been brewing with certain players for a while. Maybe the catalyst for the wider playing concerns.

Hi Rasen - very much idle gossip and with the usual caveat that this is effectively just the online equivalent of what some bloke in the pub said but……big bust up at the training ground on Friday as a culmination of issues that have been brewing with certain players for a while. Maybe the catalyst for the wider playing concerns.
i hate it when someone parks in my carpark spot too!

If true, it looks like our no dickheads test has been compromised.

MH just said on Radio Lincs (& I’m paraphrasing) this is not about results. This is about lack of clarity in the direction of the club and the style of play not being conducive to making players attractive to sell on.
Not sure I completely buy that , obviously is part of the picture.

I think there is a lot more to this rather than clarity. The interview tonight really didn’t flow imo.

Well i thought that was an excellent listen. Didn't throw anybody under the bus. Lincoln city have a path to keep improving, that improvement was unlikely to continue and could in fact go backwards. Be thankful that we have team Lincoln City running the show and be willing to make decisions to try to reset to continue to improve, we might have stalled but whether it be straight away or more long term the people running the club have a clear vision and will keep us in great shape. What we must do is embrace this and be patient, support both in voice and financially where possible.

So it seems that both everyone's interpretation of why we have parted company with our manager is both potentially right and certainly not the complete answer and we don't know which bit had the biggest influence on the decision.

So now we know for certain that we don't know all of the details, it is time to focus on the future.

Personally, I am pleased with the emphasis on the strategic journey, it is a nice bus to be in.

The interview with Scully did not really tell us anything just the usual cliches all be kept in house.
Agree. It told us virtually nothing of any interest. Lots of small reasons contributing to a bigger picture they didn't feel met their ongoing objectives. I did think the way he avoided or skirted round the has he lost the dressing room question was quite interesting though. Suggests he probably had.

Agree. It told us virtually nothing of any interest. Lots of small reasons contributing to a bigger picture they didn't feel met their ongoing objectives. I did think the way he avoided or skirted round the has he lost the dressing room question was quite interesting though. Suggests he probably had.
Driving along the A15 tonight, not sure whether the Rocky theme tune was coming from the EPC or Scampton main gate tbf.

I thought reading between the lines it was quite telling. Overall targets not being met and club not moving forward as agreed including style of football. Scully alluded to the club not liking the comments about Danny. They came in soon after comments about other players.(Makama and Roughan). Suggested to me that Kennedy was aware of the scrutiny and pressure and was attempting ro deflect it away from himself. Disappointment also felt about the possession stats and likely adverse effect on player value, going forward. Interesting to hear about short term support to Tom, I wonder who this might be?