MK gone | Page 4 | Vital Football

MK gone

his behaviour was becoming very erratic. I understand he gave the players the day off on Monday! . After a performance like that on Saturday he needed every moment this week to work on tactics and defending set pieces

Well I'm genuinely shocked by this. Okay recent performances haven't been great but this didn't seem on the cards.
Let's see what the next few days bring. It'll certainly be a job many will be interested in

Bloody hell! Just seen this on BBC news.
Shocked but not entirely surprised. There were obviously some undercurrents behind the scenes as evidenced by recent player unhappiness. Maybe the Irish job, or maybe not.

I am shocked must say. We haven’t sacked a manager for so long and allowing for the resignation rumours most of the stuff I’ve read suggest sacked albeit could be assuming.
I was only thinking the other day who would have been the last manager to be ‘sacked’.
Struggling to remember exact circumstances but thought probably Gary Simpson

for me that is one of the issues, can play to match good opposition, then play to match poor opposition. No playing identity - I.e. how are we set up to play our game.

We played one way and one way only with no deviation from and without a lot of idea to change if we needed to.

Don't care what anybody says we played with five defenders across the back, we didn't play with wing backs.I suppose Sorrenson was half a wing back but wasn't an out and out wing back and only found himself there by accident.

Ehrahon and Hamiton are quality but had nothing around them.

We played with 7 defensive minded players on the pitch and in two of the other players in the team, Mandroiu and Bishop, as talented as they are were supposed to be they were just not performing in the roles they were playing ,and up top we just had nothing.

We had no creativity, our system never allowed us to put teams under pressure, we were always on the back foot, never mind the front foot, and our set pieces, especially our corners were awful....we were just awful to watch.

We were going backwards, some on here wouldn't have it but whatever circumstances he has left in it was the right decision for him to go.

In a way, the board have been patient. Mk had 70 games in charge.

I think that's what we forget. 70 games is more than enough time for them to see that MK was lacking tactically, even though he spoke a good game.

I don't think the board will take another chance on an unproven coach. They will go for someone who has a proven track record of working with and improving players, has shown tactical awareness in previous jobs, and can galvanise our crowd.

Ultimately his tactics have cooked his goose. I have nothing against playing 3 across the back but you have to have two good attacking fullbacks to go along with that and we only have Sorrensen but he has persisted with playing it. And we have so called wingers on the books who never seem to play with any width even before House got injured. Just so negative all designed to not concede with no way back when you concede.
And I don't think he can blame the fans, who are normally the ones who get the Manager out, considering the rubbish they have had to endure they haven't really been booing him off the pitch to be fair.

his behaviour was becoming very erratic. I understand he gave the players the day off on Monday! . After a performance like that on Saturday he needed every moment this week to work on tactics and defending set pieces
Think he had an alternative meeting to attend in the boardroom!

I am a bit surprised, whoever comes in isn't going to have a recognised centre forward in the immediate term, so will be interesting to see what happens. Just as our model is to develop players, thought we would have given a young manager more time, but understand the style of play issues and crowd getting fed up

Well. This was a surprise, as it’s a bit out of character for our excellent Board. Some serious breakdown in confidence behind the scenes then, but was becoming more evident in recent times from player reactions. Maybe MK over stepped the mark in some of those “hard discussions” with “certain players” that he had been having over recent weeks?