MK Dons (Home) High/lowlights | Page 5 | Vital Football

MK Dons (Home) High/lowlights

Odd how different people see things with Power. Never managed to carry a team to a top half finish in the Conference in five seasons before the Cowleys arrived and even in that season he only started 14 league matches and two of those were after we had won the league.

I believe that if it was not for Beevers injury in the Conference promotion season then Power would be on his 3rd stop of a tour of the Lincolnshire non-league clubs currently but we will never know.

Odd how different people see things with Power. Never managed to carry a team to a top half finish in the Conference in five seasons before the Cowleys arrived and even in that season he only started 14 league matches and two of those were after we had won the league.

I believe that if it was not for Beevers injury in the Conference promotion season then Power would be on his 3rd stop of a tour of the Lincolnshire non-league clubs currently but we will never know.

I completely agree. On the other hand he took his initial demotion by the Cowley's on the chin, didn't moan and worked on his game like a proper professional. He was a better player when he came back into the side than when he finished under Moyse thanks to Danny and Nicky and he owes his move to them I reckon...

Plus 7 games in the FA Cup and also played in the FA Trophy. I should say it was his performances in the FA Cup run against better opposition that got him his move. He was very good in those Cup games including that vital penalty to equalise against Brighton.

To be fair to Power I think he could have played in league two. He would never go passed another player with the ball or thread through a killer pass. But at least he had a bit of steel about him which is more than the midfield as at the moment. Plus we would be top of the list for yellow and red cards.

I remember Power doing a spin-turn in the middle of the pitch away at Walsall which left two of their players facing the wrong way and opened up the whole right-side of the pitch for him to run into. He could be OK on the ball, but I agree that his strongest element was his 'robustness'. He wore his heart on his sleeve, a little bit like Kerr, and I will always credit him for that.

Correct.

I am not advocating bringing in Fiorini II or Bishop ll or Adelakun II.

All are good in possession, all not so good without it.

We need pace up front and better defensive organisation and strength in midfield.

What ever style you play, you won't have the ball all the time.

You can afford to give it away more often, if you don't defend from the front, like a sieve.

Yeah I agree with your points about our capability without the ball....it is poor. I don't think we necessarily need to change our set up with the ball to improve it without it.