MK Dons (H) highlights | Vital Football

MK Dons (H) highlights

I reckon the 4th might be Poole’s goal actually. Not certain all of the ball was over the line.

Given the consensus that Scully's match was lots of effort for little reward, worth pointing out that for the second goal his first time pass initiated the 'pass-the-parcel' routine between the 4 front players before Johnson's finish, and for the third his pass set Johnson on his way before crossing.

Rogers' passing and ball-winning was sublime.

I reckon the 4th might be Poole’s goal actually. Not certain all of the ball was over the line.
99% agree with you. Keeper saves it on to the post and the ball then bounces along the line giving the impression it is over when in fact it is in the air, thus looking like it is over. Unless we have a straight on camera angle we will not know for sure, but if not given to Bramall, it should be Poole's as he clearly makes sure. Interestingly he didn't run away claiming the goal, but I suspect it was because he didn't want to steal the limelight from Bramall. Given it has not been declared to Bramall now, I think there should be a review to determine if it could be given to Poole instead and see if anyone can actually pause the footage on the two bounces of the ball to decide if it was clearly over each occasion.

99% agree with you. Keeper saves it on to the post and the ball then bounces along the line giving the impression it is over when in fact it is in the air, thus looking like it is over. Unless we have a straight on camera angle we will not know for sure, but if not given to Bramall, it should be Poole's as he clearly makes sure. Interestingly he didn't run away claiming the goal, but I suspect it was because he didn't want to steal the limelight from Bramall. Given it has not been declared to Bramall now, I think there should be a review to determine if it could be given to Poole instead and see if anyone can actually pause the footage on the two bounces of the ball to decide if it was clearly over each occasion.

If there was a camera behind the goal it would be interesting to see that footage

Regardless of who is credited with the goal, I’m more enamoured by Bramhall’s technique.

I agreed with Thommo initially, thinking why on earth is he even attempting this? seconds later I was astonished that a 3rd Tier full-back produced something that only really the great Ronaldo would be proud of 👏🏽👏🏽

Why not simply ask the players? Poole was almost on the line, so he must know whether it was over the line or not. If it was, it has to be an own goal - the keeper had actually saved Bramall's effort before the ball rebounded from the post and onto his back. The decisive impact was from the goalkeeper.

Regardless of who is credited with the goal, I’m more enamoured by Bramhall’s technique.

I agreed with Thommo initially, thinking why on earth is he even attempting this? seconds later I was astonished that a 3rd Tier full-back produced something that only really the great Ronaldo would be proud of 👏🏽👏🏽
he has history in the quality free kick department.
1:28:

and another own goal off the keeper here at 1:08:

aways thought we were missing a trick with no left footer (edun for instance) as an option alongside grant for free kicks. keep the keeper guessing.
now picture grant and bramall standing over a free kick, 20 yards out. centre of goal...

Bramall really did have a good game and seemed so much more confident throughout. In the summer, if he can improve on the defensive end, which should come as he continues to establish himself with the central defenders and the coaching from MA, as well as work on his final delivery when storming up the field he could turn out to be a very good addition for us.

I never understand why people are so quick to criticize. If you've ever had to up sticks move to take on a new job, with different colleagues and a different boss, it can take a while to get adjusted. Bramall has some raw qualities that MA has seen and if they can be refined then he will improve the overall squad. I think last night we began to witness some of that refinement.

what i liked about the penalties, johnson went the same way twice. confident his strike was going to be too good for the keeper, regardless of what the keeper did.

having seen his two penalties in the shoot outs, i will be controversial and say johnson's penalties are better than grant's.

Just watched the extended highlights on ifollow and for me that's Poole's goal, no way has that ball crossed the line, if anything the spin is taking it the opposite way.