Millwall fan comments | Vital Football

Millwall fan comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Expected Forest to have the majority of possession but not 62%. I wouldn't be surprised if at HT they were edging it 55/45, but with them 1-0 up and our legs starting to go they just pushed it around without be unduly threatening.

Forest crowd were very quiet.

To only have the ball for 30 minutes and create 21 goal attempts must be some sort of record?

A great performance that lacked one thing, goals for us. Our midfield was top draw and our defence coped well with Forests attack.

It's so disappointing to get nothing from a performance like this. Wasting chances is criminal. It will cost us dearly this season if it is not sorted. However the team performance was what I was hoping for and if we can maintain it then we prove a lot of "pundits" wrong. Was the Ref as honest as Mark Warbuton?

Forest were poor, very poor, and it will be interesting to see how we manage against "tougher" teams.

Millwall's return to The Championship ended in disappointment losing to an ordinary Forest after creating and missing numerous chance.

Game starts on an immaculate pitch and Forest retaining possession for a full 90 secs without it leaving their half! I believe in "joined up" football but this was ridiculous.

Forest are struggled with Morison and Gregory's movement and physical presence.

Forest had the better of the play without creating great chances.

Forest work an excellent corner routine. The kicker plays it short to a teammate, loops round him and his marker for the teammate to flick the ball over McLaughlin (I think) and the kicker to fire home. Fortunately the Lino flags for offside and we breathe again.

A game lost to an ordinary side who, on this showing, will do well to stay out of the relegation zone.

The referee officiated in four Forest games last season....they didn't lose one of them...

Had we come away winning 1-5 it would have been a fair result.

Correct to disallow goal as he would have saved it other wise.

Forest look disorganised and weak there will be much stronger teams than this.

Meh. A bully boy team of giants playing to their two dimensional strengths. Which they did. Lump it, run and press? Seem to have been together a while and are riding the wave of their play off promotion.

Forest had 60% plus possession. And Forest lost some of Millwall's 30+% with loose play. Lots of young players in our side. People want homegrown? Well. Blooding youngsters? Bound to be nervous and learning their trade. Warburton's forward thinking. We'll have some short-term pain but if we stick with it...we'll see the fruits in a couple of years time. We just need to have patience and discipline from top of club, players and the fans. This is project to take Forest off life support and run it professionally or just 'properly.'

We're not going to go from 'life support' to top 6 in one go. The squad has its deficiencies (spine, dominant CH, DCM, Commanding keeper, LB...) and the 'mere' 6 signings is a just that, 'a start.'

Not the end journey.

And doing Millwall 1-0 suits me fine. Couldn't happen to a 'better' team or fans.

SA.

"A game lost to an ordinary side who, on this showing, will do well to stay out of the relegation zone. "

Irony from a fan of newly promoted Millwall.

SA.

Strawberry Avenger - 5/8/2017 14:03

Meh. A bully boy team of giants playing to their two dimensional strengths. Which they did. Lump it, run and press? Seem to have been together a while and are riding the wave of their play off promotion.

Forest had 60% plus possession. And Forest lost some of Millwall's 30+% with loose play. Lots of young players in our side. People want homegrown? Well. Blooding youngsters? Bound to be nervous and learning their trade. Warburton's forward thinking. We'll have some short-term pain but if we stick with it...we'll see the fruits in a couple of years time. We just need to have patience and discipline from top of club, players and the fans. This is project to take Forest off life support and run it professionally or just 'properly.'

We're not going to go from 'life support' to top 6 in one go. The squad has its deficiencies (spine, dominant CH, DCM, Commanding keeper, LB...) and the 'mere' 6 signings is a just that, 'a start.'

Not the end journey.

And doing Millwall 1-0 suits me fine. Couldn't happen to a 'better' team or fans.

SA.

We had three homegrown youngsters in the side and one was subbed. No more than three youngsters at one time.

You are making excuses and that is absolutely not what is needed.

Lessons need to be learned and action taken. It's not good enough to shrug our shoulders and blame Millwall for being good. They were an absolutely archetypal Championship team- nothing more, nothing less

I cannot disagree with their fans comments, they seem to be fair and honest.

We were ordinary and poor, and on that showing, if we continue like that, we will be fighting relegation again.

Warburton needs to address the midfield and the defence, we were found wanting again.

A better team than Millwall would have scored a hat full last night.

Comments were very reasonable in my opinion, though there is no need for drama. This is week one in a long term plan, you don't develop an ethos or culture overnight.

Hard to disagree with the Millwall fans on that showing.

Millwall came with a game plan, to execute their direct, physical approach and to close us down and stop us playing out from the back. Their plan worked well and, but for extremely poor finishing (which is a vital part of the game), they would have won. I think their style of play is more the exception than the rule in the Championship, with 8 players over 6 foot 3. But it will trouble many teams.

It's very early days in project Forest and it will get better as the team learns, gels and settles into a passing game, hopefully that isn't too purist and adapts to play quicker and long when the situation demands it. We have signed some excellent footballers and passing the ball will ultimately play to our strengths. This season is about patience in the players and the manager.

i think if warbs carries on being naive and thinks we can play to our strengths and totally ignore the opponenets like yesterday,despite his words, we really will be doomed. Those ideals only work when you have a solid defence. Its just basics.

paz1967 - 5/8/2017 22:34

i think if warbs carries on being naive and thinks we can play to our strengths and totally ignore the opponenets like yesterday,despite his words, we really will be doomed. Those ideals only work when you have a solid defence. Its just basics.

But we haven't been doing the basics right on a consistent level for god knows how long and the only way to build that is to set out a consistent plan and stick to it, I have no doubt we'd have been even worse off if we'd tried to match them using Murphy to pump long balls to

Maybe its just me but I'd rather watch a shambles trying to play the right way and get 3 points than us than put in a quality Millwall-esq performance and be sat here now with the same result and a top quality nasty on the eye performance

These aren't Millwall fans there's no rhyming slang, no one is described as a slaaaggg, or told to shat it, they aren't all saying how they "ran" forest despite getting battered AGAIN plus they aren't all so right wing they make the jock look like Jez Corbz.

Woanz - 6/8/2017 10:24

These aren't Millwall fans there's no rhyming slang, no one is described as a slaaaggg, or told to shat it, they aren't all saying how they "ran" forest despite getting battered AGAIN plus they aren't all so right wing they make the jock look like Jez Corbz.

agreed. comments score highly for honesty but very very low on entertainment value. 2 out of 10 must do better for this lot.

Would have thought this is perfect for pope- opportunity to moan his heart out here. Let's hope the comments improve as we go.forward.

It was CP interviewing his family. Theyre all footlights, and woukdnt lower themselves to vituperation

We didn't have a shot on goal until the 27th minute. By then we should have been 4 down.
Massive improvement needed.
Pleased we won but we will be punished by better teams. We made Millwall look reasonable.