Michael Appleton - New Job | Vital Football

Michael Appleton - New Job

Alan Nixon said he was being seriously considered a few days ago and it wasn't going down well. I think that's partly because of his PNE days, partly because he's been there before (obviously under the difficult circumstances of the Oyston's) and because of last season with us.

Good move for Appleton, though - up the level and more local, but a weird one for Blackpool? Can't say that Appleton shies away from following successful managers in Cowley and now Critchley!

Well done and best wishes to Appleton. Hope he is successful there.
Hopefully will be appreciated at Blackpool, although there will always be fan factions in the like/dislike camp from day one. And obviously more fans like a coach when the team is top of the league and punching massively above its weight, than when it is bottom third (and still punching above it’s weight)

They don't seem very happy at all. Funny, after 20/21 I would have said he would make a bigger step up. After 21/22 I'm surprised he has got a Championship gig...

It's interesting that it sounds like he interviewed well, there were similar noises when he got the job here.

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/its-appleton.32721/

Its gone down like a cup of cold sick. You would think that at a higher division the players might be able to manage to demonstrate his ideas with more success.

I wonder if they will put in offers for any of our players - Poole, Scully? I bet I can guess where Brooke N-C will be going to.

I also wonder if there is a commercial arrangement to this as if he was still in post we would have been entitled to compensation? If we he did leave truly by mutual consent I guess not.

Surprised he’s got that job after a meh season with us
4 year contract certainly looks a decent deal for him
The locals don’t appear thrilled and his PR style isn’t captivating so he’ll need some decent performances and results sharpish
Good luck MA

4 years doesn't feel right when you consider his longest tenure has only been 3.

Good luck to him! The play off season was easily the most exciting football I've witnessed as a lincoln fan and such a shame we could see it in the stadium.

Best of luck to him there. We know he's a very good coach and the set up at Blackpool will suit him. I'm sure there will be plenty of their supporters bemoaning a lack of arm waving during matches but they will get some good football and results on the pitch and that is what matters

Cannot wish MA anything but the very best.

Definitely did very well to get that job. It will suit his preference to be back in the NW, but I hope he is supported by the Blackpool board as he will need to get off to a very good start to overcome the Blackpool fans' reaction.

Well done MApp - did an excellent job for us - took over here in difficult circs and turned it round big style in his second season

Obviously got a lot of work to win over the fans but at that level MAPP football will surely have a greater chance of succeeding. Can also see a couple of last seasons loans joining for their next level of learning. Hope he does well .