Michael Anagnostou | Vital Football

Michael Anagnostou

Fritz24

Vital 1st Team Regular
Someone at the club has finally updated the "Who's Who?" section on the website and there's a name on there I don't recognise:

Michael Anagnostou - Head of Football Operations

Wonder what exactly his role entails?

Fritz24 - 13/9/2017 13:37

Someone at the club has finally updated the "Who's Who?" section on the website and there's a name on there I don't recognise:

Michael Anagnostou - Head of Football Operations

Wonder what exactly his role entails?

He used to be the CEO of the Greek Super League.
He also does some work for UEFA.
Owd Marinakis knows how to surround himslef with the right people
:14:

Explanation of what the same job title means at Huddersfield - https://www.htafc.com/news/2015/june/webber-explains-football-operations/

“Here at Huddersfield there is of course a focus on recruitment and scouting, which is a massive part of my job, but I’ll also be supporting the Academy, the Medical Department and the Sports Science operations. It’s a broader view of the entire club rather than simply recruitment. These functions work together and give the Manager, coaches and players the best opportunity to perform well and win. This all needs planning and controlling in a coordinated way from day to day.

Worth pointing out that was from the summer of 2015, so the idea that Huddersfield stumbled onto a manager, signed a bunch of players last summer and fluked a promotion is misguided. They already had a functional club that Wagner could slot into. We are attempting to build the club while Warburton builds the team.

Michael Anagnostou has a Degree in Sports and football coaching, an MSc in Sports Management and a PhD in Strategic Football Marketing.

He works in professional football for the last 18 years and he started working for Super League since its foundation in 2006 as the Competitions Director.

He is an acting UEFA Match Delegate and FIFA World Cups General Coordinator. He also worked for Athens 2004 Olympic Games as a Football Competition Manager. As a football player he was an international for Under 17 and Under 19 National Youth Teams, a national champion with “Macedonia Football Clubs Association” regional youth team and national champion with ARIS F.C. youth team.

I've heard that he doesn't believe that Brian Clough walked on water,

I've also heard that he doesn't not believe that Brian Clough walked on water.