Messi | Vital Football

Messi

nufc_carl88

Vital 1st Team Regular
Joy to watch tonight. Even more so than usual and making a mockery of there even been a debate on who is the best in the world.

What a joy to watch, I didn't think it was possible but i reckon he's the best he's ever been at the moment. Amazing again tonight against City and he's been playing like it for most of the season. Looks like he's putting Villanova's death behind him.

Should of been 4 or 5 that as well if Barcelona weren't so careless with there finishing, would of loved to see city get a good hammering although spending all that money to be so many levels behind is embarrassing enough

Unbelievable to watch, mind what was also unbelievable was how the hell did Nasri stop on the pitch after that kick at Naymar?

The unbelievable bit I find is that Barcelona are lauded, Europe over when in theory they just play the game the way it should be, albeit at a higher fitness level.

Nee pissing about with tactics, just plain hard work and tempo is what they're about. 21st century players just can't play against 20th century tactics administered to the letter.

Pass, move, pass, move, pass, move. Basically netball tactics with the eye never taken off the aim of the game. Someone famous once said that football was a great game ruined by tacticians.

They threw the memo out before Barcelona got it.

Why does it stick in your craw Birdys ? The man is an absolute genius, he is bloody football zen.
Thierry Henry is a dick, he kills any discussion because he needs to fucking pontificate, can't contribute to any other point than his own.

carlosvendetta - 18/3/2015 22:13

Interesting comparison with netball TNMW, the fact they do it with their feet at that pace is bloody marvellous

It could easily be Basketball in that the person with the ball always seems to have their options increased by those without it.

Be interesting to see the grass coverage by their players without the ball in comparison to other club players. I bet it's massively higher than a high percentage of others.

Youth product wasn't he? Beardo take note.

Once in a lifetime player though, totally awesome on his day (which seem to be many)

Once City get a manager that matches their owners wealth you will see them win everything.Every manager they have had since they became wealthy have been dog shit. Messi is a genius mind and i don't think him never winning a world cup medal should hinder him being considered one of the best players ever.

They do more work without the ball than they do with it. You watch when they haven't got it, they press and press and press, until they get it back. Once they have it, it's simple. Spread out and look for space, the player with the ball will find you, and repeat until within striking distance. It's not a hard thing to coach, surely? It's pretty much what our old football coach at school taught us, and it worked then too. We won every trophy going, and beat some teams by cricket scores. He used to tell us to be aware of players around us, even when we didn't have the ball, as it might fall to you, and you should always have a pass ready in your mind. this seems to be what Barcelona do, and it works. Compare that to Carver, there is no way to do so without laughing.

Any fancies on betting on the europa league tonight OL? Got a few quid spare so something with a bit of value would be ideal.

Best first touch of the ball I've ever seen.Exquisite.
Iniesta little magician on the ball as well.Barcelona's midfield & attack tiny in comparison to most teams,just proves what movement & fit as fuck players can achieve.

OldLeazes - 19/3/2015 10:29

They do more work without the ball than they do with it. You watch when they haven't got it, they press and press and press, until they get it back. Once they have it, it's simple. Spread out and look for space, the player with the ball will find you, and repeat until within striking distance. It's not a hard thing to coach, surely? It's pretty much what our old football coach at school taught us, and it worked then too. We won every trophy going, and beat some teams by cricket scores. He used to tell us to be aware of players around us, even when we didn't have the ball, as it might fall to you, and you should always have a pass ready in your mind. this seems to be what Barcelona do, and it works. Compare that to Carver, there is no way to do so without laughing.

To be fair its a lot easier telling than the likes of Messi, Xavi, Neymar etc to play that way, as much as I hate Carver can you really imagine the likes of Williamson and Ameobi playing that way?

nufc_carl88 - 19/3/2015 10:54

Any fancies on betting on the europa league tonight OL? Got a few quid spare so something with a bit of value would be ideal.

Have you not got your own mind like? Since when is OL the football oracle?

The moor messi gets the praise the more ronaldo will sulk and the more likely he will return to the mancs which is bad news as im enjoying seeing them NOT winning the league every year, id love it if he went to chelsea just to see the cockney red bastards suicidal.