Message to the boycotters | Vital Football

Message to the boycotters

Beckinghamimp

Vital Newbie
Every time a manager gets sacked the Cowleys are linked to the job. This is the perfect time to show them that we are right behind them! No matter what your opinion about the competition is we need to show them that we are team Lincoln!! Buy your tickets for Wembley and show them that we are right behind them!!! OR WE LOSE THEM!

Whilst I fully understand your sentiment, I seriously doubt that Danny and Nicky would move on just because a few fans have chosen to boycott the competition.

Incidentally, I had the very great pleasure of a lengthy chat with Danny last Thursday at the training day and, without giving away anything too personal that he may have said, I can assure you that he and his brother are here for the duration. Indeed, they are looking at moving their families to Lincolnshire and if that doesn't show commitment to the cause, then nothing will!

I see where you are coming from Impalex but Beckinghamimp may have a point also in that are the Cowleys using the turnout as a barometer for our future potential? By that I mean if a club come in for their services could the fact that say 40k fans went to Wembley rather than 15k encourage them to stay and kick on. I recognise that potential is currently capped by a capacity of 10k at SB and unless a new ground miraculously morphed overnight that will have a finite cap on income in the medium term no matter how successful we become. In reality I suspect there may only be a couple of hundred conscientious objectors anyway and many of those will not have come out loud and proud on social media which would make it easier for most of the objectors to slide into Wembley should they choose without getting any derogatory comments.

That is great news! Incidentally I am not a fan of premier teams in the competition either but there is no way I am going to miss seeing my beloved imps playing at Wembley for the first time in our history! I have waited 50 years for this!!

Were we the best-supported side in this year's competition? Far more fans boycotting at other clubs so not really an issue. It is not like we were the only side with fans boycotting, in fact, you could make a case for them staying because our support was so good compared to other sides taking part.

Beckinghamimp - 8/2/2018 22:57

That is great news! Incidentally I am not a fan of premier teams in the competition either but there is no way I am going to miss seeing my beloved imps playing at Wembley for the first time in our history! I have waited 50 years for this!!

Similar to yourself, I have also waited a very long time to see MY club play at Wembley (55 years to be exact) and I also agree with you with regards the Premier League teams being allowed to play in this competition. Maybe they will change that in future?

I note that Shaun Harvey, EFL Chief Executive, was very pleased that Lincoln City FC beat the Chelsea boys. See here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42980413

Cambridge tomorrow and I hope to be able to cheer the boys on to victory.