Memphis Depay: Manchester United sign Dutch forward | Vital Football

Memphis Depay: Manchester United sign Dutch forward

Topspur1

Vital Football Legend
Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Dutch forward Memphis Depay from PSV Eindhoven.
The fee is in the region of £25-30m with the deal believed to be until 2019, with the option of another year.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32625152

I'm not overly pissed.. we should have looked to seal the deal more vigilantly last summer but it's now time for the scouts and the recuiting team to do their jobs..

for me no dutch league player is worth 25-30million.. last year memphis was just another townsend.. unlike townsend, he has since gone on to improve some ways. but that's still in the dutch league.. i no longer rate townsend but i can say with a fair amount of certainty that he can easily score more than 20 goals in the dutch league especially if he has carte blanche to shot and no one fusses with the 70% of shots that is way off target especially when there is an option infinitely better than the shots he takes..

Memphis has lots of question marks on and off the field.. Man United can afford to take a 30 million gamble.. we can't..

Well sadly I was right..

Shame, I really do think this lad has a very bright future and could easily be one of the best of his generation.

Hope I'm wrong.

Haha, my Dutch friends are besides themselves with surprise, and disappointment! None of them think this is a good idea, and those that've been approached for comments are couching their statements with little bits like "Great for him, I hope it is not too big a move, as expectations will be very high" type stuff.

One coach told me this morning that Memphis was being heavily advised against the Manure move, but he believes the lure of the spectacle of Old Trafford was big, and the presence of Giggs was critical.

He said it 'wasn't about the money', which is par for him, however, word is the salary offer from Manure was off the charts, like something Spurs would never consider competing with, so.....

For me, ya I'm disappointed, he could have been a true catalyst for Spurs, and a potential world class superstar. If only he'd gone somewhere else where I could continue to root for him, but not at Manure. Especially not there. Now, I hope he fails miserably, barely plays, and is available for transfer in the near future. :17: :17: :17:

At least the saga didn't drag out for months, and we can now target others that'll fit that spot for us.

:14:

At least there haven't been droves of fans crying that united should do their own scouting like a few teams over the past few years.

Never thought we were in for him. I am not even sure he is what there side needs what I admire is that they have done the deal so quickly. We need to do this.

spurdon - 7/5/2015 22:25

Never thought we were in for him. I am not even sure he is what there side needs what I admire is that they have done the deal so quickly. We need to do this.

It's like being in a club.

If a 6 or 7 out of ten comes up to you at the start of the night asking you to whisk her away and make her dreams come true, your most likely going to tell her there's no rush, you'll stay with your mates and you will come find her in a little while.

If a 10 comes up to you at the start of the night, you're already half way home before your mate gets back from the bar with the first round.

zzz - 7/5/2015 23:10

If a 6 or 7 out of ten comes up to you at the start of the night asking you to whisk her away and make her dreams come true, your most likely going to tell her there's no rush, you'll stay with your mates and you will come find her in a little while.

If a 10 comes up to you at the start of the night, you're already half way home before your mate gets back from the bar with the first round.

We have all been here :7:

zzz - 7/5/2015 23:10

Speak for yourself. If a 1 come up to me at the start of the night I was gone. :10: For two minutes, then back in the game. :17: