Melbourne loan to Stevenage | Vital Football

Melbourne loan to Stevenage

Well... they must be confident of some bodies coming in seeing as he's had to start a bunch of games and we had two on the bench the other day! Seems a bit of a surprise to be letting anyone else go at this point...

"Despite starting four league games this season, we now have Lewis Montsma fully fit after a disrupted pre-season, Joe Walsh on course to return to fitness by the end of next month and have signed TJ Eyoma on a permanent transfer from Tottenham Hotspur, so Max’s potential game time with the club moving forward would be limited."

"Max is also entering the final year of his contract, so this loan will help him try to secure an option for himself beyond this season, which he knows will be away from Lincoln."

Jez George.

I mean it's certain there's a LB incoming which we all think is Robson, but I think Melbourne as starting CB in the EFL trophy/some cup games (like tonight!) makes a lot of sense with the others off fitness/injury prone etc. Could have done it in Jan when we get people fit again and he's not actively needed to start games, unless one of the new signings can play CB!

Last edited:
I mean it's certain there's a LB incoming which we all think is Robson, but I think Melbourne as starting CB in the EFL trophy/some cup games (like tonight!) makes a lot of sense with the others off fitness/injury prone etc. Could have done it in Jan when we get people fit again and he's not actively needed to start games, unless one of the new signings can play CB!

Max has COVID and couldn’t play tonight anyway.

I wish Max well he certainly hasn't had the rub of the green, has always applied himself in a City shirt from what I have seen. He certainly won't be short of a decent club moving forward.

Max has COVID and couldn’t play tonight anyway.

I suppose more generally I just mean games like tonight. You'd rather not have Walsh, montsma etc involved in these games based on their recent record, and this is from someone who was less worried about the cbs...

I wish Max all the best at Stevenage. He is in reality our 5th reserve central defender and 3rd or 4th left back now and needs game time which he'll get down there. Never let us down in the few appearances he made for us and clearly has a good attitude based on his games this season. Other players would have downed tools

All the best to Max, it's the right time for him to move on and I suspect he'll be gone permanently in January, whether that's another loan or sold.

Echo Hull's post about his professionalism. Can't be easy being told that you're free to leave and effectively that you're not good enough but he's performed fairly solidly in his appearances this season. But, he's a 5th choice CB and a third, maybe fourth, choice LB.

Regardless of numbers in the squad, I don't think you want to be carrying someone who's that far down the pecking order in two positions.